Light seal kits

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Are there any UK suppliers of light seal kits?

My GW690 needs new seals, the 'USA Camera' ones from eBay are not in stock.

I don't mind having to do some cutting with a not-quite-custom kit. But don't fancy cutting 3mm strips out of sheets of foam!

Any recommendations?

I bought some pre-cut ones for a Hasselblad A12 back from https://ntphotoworks.com/ I think they have quite a few pre-cut ones, not sure about your Fuji, but they also sell sheets to cut your own. i hope that this helps. Mark
Thanks for that, I've ordered from them before, but didn't know they did seal kits, I'll have a look.

I always use Jon Goodman, although he’s based in the states his kits always arrive quickly and the kits and instructions are second to none imho.

I always use Jon Goodman, although he’s based in the states his kits always arrive quickly and the kits and instructions are second to none imho.
+1

Is it email messages only to buy?
I think so. John doesn't really do technology, his website sort of fell apart a bit a few years ago and it hasn't been fixed yet. He's really good though and a fine fella, always contacts you if he's unsure if anything to make sure you get exactly the right kit. His camera leather kits are spot on as well.

I used to use Jon Goodman (and his kits are excellent), but moved to cutting from not-quite-custom kit a few years ago when I realised just how many cameras I was resealing each year (and the associated cost of a bespoke Jon Goodman kit). I have resealed countless cameras using this kit, with lots of material leftover for the foreseeable future.

I think so. John doesn't really do technology, his website sort of fell apart a bit a few years ago and it hasn't been fixed yet. He's really good though and a fine fella, always contacts you if he's unsure if anything to make sure you get exactly the right kit. His camera leather kits are spot on as well.

Have you got an email for him?

Don't want to run any 120 Ektar through the camera until its fixed and there's a box looking at me in the fridge.

I used to use Jon Goodman (and his kits are excellent), but moved to cutting from not-quite-custom kit a few years ago when I realised just how many cameras I was resealing each year (and the associated cost of a bespoke Jon Goodman kit). I have resealed countless cameras using this kit, with lots of material leftover for the foreseeable future.

I'm tempted by a kit depending on the price but was looking at something like this as an alternative.

Type of useful thing I like to keep in a drawer..

I paid £9.20 for that kit in 2016, I've probably resealed 8-10 cameras so far, with about 50% left. The last kit I bought from Jon Goodman was $10.10 in 2013 (for a Nikon F2).

If you share my habit of buying too many cameras, it makes sense. The details of what foam/how to reseal most common cameras is easily accessible online.

This has come up before and one suggestion was to go to an artist shop (forgotten the proper name) and buy a sheet....one kind member sent me a sheet (one side adhesive) many years ago and done quite a few cameras for sealing camera backs etc but have never done the foam under the mirror yet which might be a different thickness.

Have you got an email for him?

Don't want to run any 120 Ektar through the camera until its fixed and there's a box looking at me in the fridge.

Jon responded to jgood21967@aol.com

You pay him via Paypal so you've got some buyer protection.

I've only used two or three of his kits but they were very good, except that his instructions referred to a bamboo tool that wasn't included. I mentioned this to him, and he replied"

"About the bamboo tool...Once upon a time I could include those with an extra postage charge, but those days are gone. The new USPS mail sorters choke and stop working if anything like the bamboo tool is run through them. So, it has been made illegal to send items like that now...and my retirement scheme doesn't include bail and defense monies. A bamboo skewer or anything like it will work fine."

I _think_ I persuaded him to update his instructions!

T
Jon responded to jgood21967@aol.com

You pay him via Paypal so you've got some buyer protection.

I've only used two or three of his kits but they were very good, except that his instructions referred to a bamboo tool that wasn't included. I mentioned this to him, and he replied"

"About the bamboo tool...Once upon a time I could include those with an extra postage charge, but those days are gone. The new USPS mail sorters choke and stop working if anything like the bamboo tool is run through them. So, it has been made illegal to send items like that now...and my retirement scheme doesn't include bail and defense monies. A bamboo skewer or anything like it will work fine."

I _think_ I persuaded him to update his instructions!
Thanks Chris

Back