Light trails, 1st attempt for 30 years!

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
The last time I did this, I would have been about 17...... and that was a very long time ago!

Driving home on the A47 towards Norwich this evening, I saw the moon in my mirror as I passed under a bridge.... took the next exit! Not the greatest attempt, but this was the best one.

DerehamWest002_sml.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really nice composition (y) with good trails, I've looked up your exif details and it shows ISO400 which would account for the noise levels, with light trails you really want to try and keep the ISO lower ordinarily I will keep the camera at ISO100 (y) the colours look a little odd, have you made some adjustments to brightness :thinking:

You may find it useful to read my guide to light trails a link to that can be found in my signature (y)

The moon adds some nice interest to your exposure but I would normally recommend the golden hour, ie the hour after sunset to get the best results from light trails (y) a couple of my recent light trails can be seen HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the comment, Matt. It was mostly your recent posts that inspired me to have a go. I'd researched some locations using OS maps and Google Streetview. This wasn't one of them :LOL:

OK, guilty as charged, I tweaked the red.... over tweaked?? And yes, it was rather later than your 'golden hour'. But it was a spur of the moment thing. I hadn't gone out intending to do this.

But, despite the cold, I had fun and have learned a little along the way (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment, Matt. It was your mostly your recent posts that inspired me to have a go. I'd researched some locations using OS maps and Google Streetview. This wasn't one of them :LOL:

OK, guilty as charged, I tweaked the red.... over tweaked?? And yes, it was rather later than your 'golden hour'. But it was a spur of the moment thing. I hadn't gone out intending to do this.

But, despite the cold, I had fun and have learned a little along the way (y)

I'm pleased that you had fun (y) that's the aim of the game (y) I've done hundreds of these but when I see that trail on the screen of the camera I still get a buzz (y) especially when I get one as special as that one I linked :D

Just remember keep the ISO nice and low (y)

Always good to know I've inspired someone to give something a go (y)

Matt

Back