Light trails - first attempt!!!

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
So decided to venture out tonight and try my hand at light trails. It's something I've wanted to try for ages but never really had the confidence before, but at the moment I'm feeling at though I'm improving with my photography.

I welcome all advice and critique on these as I'm looking to learn and improve.

6905977333_75ce183395_b.jpg

6905978485_e6235e6e6f_b.jpg

Nice first attempts (y) locations with lighting like this are never that easy to get excellent light trails from because the lighting tends to make it even harder to get decent red trails but you've actually done well here (y) it looks like you could have done with slightly longer exposures to get a little more trails in (y) as they currently are a little gappy :shrug:

I think that both of these are in need of CCW rotation, on the first I would crop out the foreground on it..

Matt
MWHCVT

Simon, a great first attempt in my opinion, well done! The first shot is great, composition is spot on.

Excellent first attempt. I'm yet to try any of these, although they are top of my list to try.

First is great, except I think the very foreground barrier is a little too light, and distracting from the trails. Personally I think I would crop it out.

kyle_s said:
Excellent first attempt. I'm yet to try any of these, although they are top of my list to try.

First is great, except I think the very foreground barrier is a little too light, and distracting from the trails. Personally I think I would crop it out.

Yeah I see what you mean. Matt mentioned this too. Will look at it again when I'm home and look at cropping out the barrier (y)

Back