light trails

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I know these have been done to death.........but this is my first try.

Any C + C more than welcome

IMG_29961.jpg

IMG_29891.jpg

regards mike

second one for me light in the sky makes all the difference ...

Second one definately.

Its SO cool the way that light trails make a picture come to life. Top Class! (y)

I love the second one as well, what were the camera and lens and settings please?

I love the second one as well, what were the camera and lens and settings please?

I was going to ask the same thing upon looking at them pictures as I would like to do one for my little '365.
Both pictures are excellent captures!

Thanks for the comments, details of pic as follows

400D
12-24 siggy lens set at 24mm
15 sec exposure
F11
Tungstan WB
ISO 100
AV mode
manual focus
pattern metering

mike

I might sound harsh here but because they show not much more than the light trails (which are lovely light trails) They don't relly say anything more to me than "I can do light trails".

Maybe it's the spot you chose to take them at, or maybe it's the time of day and how dark it had become but for me lighttrails are best displayed when they compliment a scene already so I think that's your next level up; to achieve the same kind of trails in a scene that would have been nice to view even if there were no trails.

Yup, I think Gnaser's right. Your technique is obviously fine - but the pics were lacking in something for me. A better scene would be, well .... better.

Good first effort though - just find something a bit more interesting.

many thanks for the C + C, i did think at the time the pictures were kinda lacking some interest, i liked the light trails........but, i think as you have said the next step is to capture the light with some more interest, going to have to look for a good spot now :LOL:

regards mike

Back