Lightening - help

Edit My Images
Yes
So we were on holiday, out on the balcony playing cards, when a lightening storm came over. I had no idea how to capture it on camera, so i set a tripod, put the shutter speed to 8 seconds, manually focussed it somewhere in the middle distance (it was pitch black), and clicked when I anticipated a flash. I caught this image, but I cant PP it to any descent standard due to my limited phtoshop knowledge. This is my best effort

IMG_7337edit2800.jpg

but if anyone can manipulate the original, I would be very interested to see any other outcome

IMG_7337edit800.jpg

Also, if anyone has any pointers as to how to get a better shot in the first place, please let me know

nice shot, that's pretty much the same as what i did, but i used 20 seconds, f25, iso 200 and as wide a view as possible. It's a shame the trees blocked quite alot of your sky.

Here are a few of my shots of lightning that I managed to snap last year. Out of about 120 shots I managed to get those 5 shots

It's a shame the trees blocked quite alot of your sky.

yes, but on the flip side, we were in a forest, and that was the only clearing in view so I think I was lucky that anything happened in there at all ;)

I really like the first shot of your series of 5 Oliver. Really crisp forks, and some good perspective with the small amount of silhouette there. Great stuff (y)

It's a shame the trees blocked quite alot of your sky.

It shows that we're all different. I think the composition of the first shot is great....far more appealing to me than an empty sky. Of course, a bit of PS is required to perfect the images but it's got everything it needs to be able to do this.
I'd be more than happy with this.:clap:

Bob

Back