Lightening Italian Style

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quick few of the 2 very good storms I had in Italy.

lightening-2.jpg

lightening-1.jpg

lightening-3.jpg

WOW - pretty spectacular, and scary - reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Great captures, really caught the sheer power and drama of a real lightning storm (y)

They are stunning, fantastic. What settings were you shooting with?

Settings on No2 were as follows

AP on the camera, mounted on my monopod, which was placed into the corner of the balcony of our room, think the Fno was F6.3, which dialled in a shutter speed of 30", also used my remote cord so as to not disturb the camera. At first I timed the bouts of lightening, so when I was ready to shoot, i presed the remote which started the ball rolling and if I was lucky half way through I'd get a flash of lightening, then the shutter would close.

I did try keeping my finger on the button and doing rapid fire shots but these were very hit and miss, PS forgot, ISO was around 400 to get the shutter times too. HTH.

Stunning captures mate, You should be proud of those..;)

great job :)

last one for me, really good and clear

(y)

I love lightning shots, but i've never managed to get a decent one, never mind 3 great shots.

Agree with all above , they really give the feel of the storm (y)

Stunning stuff - I'm terrified of storms but my dream shot would be one like no. 3. Having the nerve to get by the window and shoot it, however, would be something else!

:clap: (y)

Thanks very much, I don't know what it is but I love taking shots of lightening and so far including using a point and shoot I've managed to get some good captures. Its just a shame we don't get good storms over here. On Thursday we had another storm again (with protest from my wife) I went back to the room for 15 mins to get some more pics, but it just wasn't quite as dark, say 15-20 mins to early, because the storm was right over us and no matter what timings I used, every bolt just blew the whole picture, just like shooting into the sun everything was virtually white and 'cause it was over us, I've never heard cracks or rumbles like it, I mean LOUD and LONG, even made me thing should I be out here strapped to a lightening conductor (monopod)!!!:eek:

Back