Lighthouse at Dusk

Edit My Images
Yes
C&C Welcome
Lighthouse_at_Dusk.jpg

Very nice peaceful scene.

Is it my monitor or is something happening with the pixels on the dark hills?

lovely shot...however does appear to dark....probably just my screen ???:)

Thanks for your comments. Dont think its your monitor, I may have overcooked PP. Here is another
Lighthouse_at_Dusk_2.jpg

That is much much nicer but it is still very noisy. I know all these little cameras do suffer lots with colour blocking and noise but I would expect my panasonic to do a little better than that at 100ISO so I don't get why yours hasn't there. :thinking:

I agree the second one is really nice. Nicely done!

The second is much better balanced to my eyes, the first was too bright in the sun and too dark elsewhere.

Maybe the second could could borrow a little more warmth in the sky from the first?

#2 is miles better.....(y)

A fab moment of light captured best in the second picture in my opinion.

Thanks all, for your replies. Must work on the noise however,
Regards, Misty. :)

Do have noiseware (www.imagenomic.com, a free download), judicious use will help.

Apologies if you know this already.
Thanks Mark. I was not aware of this site & will download same. I have Photoshop CS3 Extended but as I am new to this I am trying to get my head around PP.:bang: Thanks again for the info. Regards, Misty.

Thanks Mark. I was not aware of this site & will download same. I have Photoshop CS3 Extended but as I am new to this I am trying to get my head around PP.:bang: Thanks again for the info. Regards, Misty.

Hi Mark, You stated that the download was free, as far as I can see its only the trial version thats free. What am I doing wrong ? Help would be appreciated :)

Misty

There should be a community version, it's not the full package true, but does enough for me and doesn't expire. The link is http://www.imagenomic.com/download_nwsa.aspx and you want the standalone community edition.

hope that helps

Mark

Thanks Mark,
I downloaded the site in a matter of minutes. (y) Looks good to me. No excuse for having "NOISY" pics. from now on. PS. I was reading Scott Kelbys book on Photoshop CS3 today & he recommends the same site & he says that it "works absolute miracles, Its really all I use for noise". Interesting:)
Thanks again for your help. Very much appreciated. Regards,
Misty.

I would have loved to see a telephoto shot of that lighthouse with the backlighting from the sun and the rays... that would of really done it for me. Don't get me wrong though, these are still great!

I would have loved to see a telephoto shot of that lighthouse with the backlighting from the sun and the rays... that would of really done it for me. Don't get me wrong though, these are still great!

Thanks Cwinhall for your comments. I am new to photography using a basic camera. I intend investing in a new camera,lenses etc. in a few months time & will consider a telephoto lens as I live only a few Kilometers from the lighthouse & at times the skies, scenery & sunsets are fabulous. Here is the first photo I posted when I joined the forum
Sunset_Lighthouse_and_Canoeist.jpg

Back