Critique Lighthouse by night

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
St Marys Lighthouse by night.

This was at about 11pm and it was almost pitch black. I did some others from a similar view last year but this one was taken whilst taking someone on a workshop last week :)

60 seconds @ f11 - 11mm ISO100 // ND grad for the sky.

annoyingly theres a little blown bit on the base of the lighthouse but suppose i'll have to get over it!

Cheers

Nick

Superb shot Nick, what's to crit, not much IMHO. Maybe just lower the brightness of the reflection, but otherwise a dam fine shot.

Got to day Nick I think this is about the best night time/illuminated lighthouse one I've seen from you (y) the composition is absolutely perfect and this is about the best I've seen you manage the exposure on the lighthouse, I think personally the small but of hotness can totally be forgiven...if and it's a massive IF I was being uber picky I think I'd have cloned out that one tiny little rock that is peaking through the reflection of the light house

Matt

Superb shot Nick, what's to crit, not much IMHO. Maybe just lower the brightness of the reflection, but otherwise a dam fine shot.
Cheers mate - appreciate the comment :)
Got to day Nick I think this is about the best night time/illuminated lighthouse one I've seen from you (y) the composition is absolutely perfect and this is about the best I've seen you manage the exposure on the lighthouse, I think personally the small but of hotness can totally be forgiven...if and it's a massive IF I was being uber picky I think I'd have cloned out that one tiny little rock that is peaking through the reflection of the light house

Matt
Cheers fella, the lighthouse is notoriously difficult to expose for at the best of times let alone at night so im chuffed i got it looking this way lol.
As you're probably more than aware, this is clearly my favourite place to photograph so its always a pleasure being there :)

Cheers mate - appreciate the comment :)

Cheers fella, the lighthouse is notoriously difficult to expose for at the best of times let alone at night so im chuffed i got it looking this way lol.
As you're probably more than aware, this is clearly my favourite place to photograph so its always a pleasure being there :)

Oh yeah mate I know how much you love it, I shouldn't worry about that you have your light house I have my windmill, I think most landscape photographers have that one local location that will always be their photographic siren

Your windmill....?

Great work Nick, really like it

Yeah, I planted my family crest flag there once so that makes it mine, you got a problem with that :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Super shot mate, great work (y)
My eyes keep being drawn to those 3 little rocks in the centre of the pool by the reflection

Hi Nick, One word "Excellent", nothing more to say.(y)

Excellent, well captured :)

Spot on, that makes a big difference :)

Back