Lighthouses I have known, part 1

Edit My Images
Yes
Lundy Old Light. I pped these at a bigger size, reduced them for posting here and gave them a bit of sharpening after the resize. Having saved them I can see halos from the extra sharpening so please ignore that. Otherwise please fire away and let me know what you think.

dscf0401_edit2.jpg

2 Internal ones seemed to look better in mono.
From top
dscf0414_edit2.jpg

3 From bottom. Liked the way the stairs almost fit a fibonacci spiral.
dscf0418_edit2.jpg

4 There is a deckchair in the top light room which is nice but I am not sure if the sense of situation is apparant to someone who hasn't been there? Two evenings with different light but not sure which I prefer.
dscf0407_edit2.jpg

dscf0481_edit2.jpg

dscf0479_edit2.jpg

7 Saw sun setting behind lighthouse and tried to line it up. Not quite in right place which is dissappointing but still quite like it.
dscf0476_edit2.jpg

All C&C gratefully received, :woot: or :crying:

Interesting set of pictures. I like the deck chair shots. different to the usual light house shots. It's a shame you haven't got the big light in those, then it would be obvious where they are, as pictures on their own.

Nice set.

I love the deckchair shots. Something about the 'randomness' of it all. #4 is the pick of the deckchairs - I like the background colour and the light / shadows in the foreground.

Also I like the stairs. I immediately thought 'fibonacci' also before I read your comment. I prefer #2. The light is less harsh and looking on the 'worn' side of the stairs the photo *appears* sharper because the stone is less worn.

All good though...

Thanks for the responses :)

natjag, The light is no longer there. The round hole on the floor near the chair is the centre of the chamber and where I assume the light was fixed. The lack of anthing that really shows situation is a problem with them. Nothing really indicates it is at the top of a lighthouse rather than a greenhouse or conservatory on the ground.

Freester, here is redo of the spiral one. My pp is pretty limited and I think you are right that the less contrasty one looks better. I am annoyed that I clipped the spiral with the horizontal rail but I was lying flat on my back to take this and struggling to avoid shake with a low shutter speed and the evf of the 6500 isn't the best for seeing small detail.

dscf0418_edit3.jpg

Last edited:
Back