Lighting for BMX Sequences

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Having just got my new 400D, i am now on the lookout for a good flash unit. I need one to shoot full length sequences, 27frames @ 3.5 frames per second or there abouts. I'm not really sure about flashes, and slaves etc. as i have never really used them too much. Is it possible to get a flash for the job i want, or would it be better to try something else. Obviously it is going to be needed mostly for night shooting. Any help appreciated(y)

It would be better to use natural lighting as the only prob with flash is that it would need to recharge and power up again. If you plan on shooting during night for sequences then would need quite a few flashes plus you would need to power them down, thus meaning the output would not light up that much.

It would be better just to try during the day or look at some SB-25,26,28 on eBay if you really want to use them. Would be your best bet.

Sunpak 555's might also be a good bet, although as stated above, you will need to power them down and with regards to triggers if you need that speed it would have to be PWIIs.

Even then you will need to get decent battery packs for the flashes (quantum?) so you are looking at lots of £££, sequences are probably best left for natural light.

Back