LIGHTING HELP

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have recently set up my 3 x 400w lighting and when i shoot the model i get a nice picture in the cameras screen, but when i load it on the computer the back drop dosnt look as good..it is not bright white like it is in the camera screen!!!

it was my first go with them today and will be experimenting again tommorow. any one got any basic starting points for me to work to

my camera settings are F 16 and 100th second and the lighting is set to 1/4...,

cheers

cheers for that, i will download and read...

has anyone got a drawing for this type of photography

cheers for that, i will download and read...

has anyone got a drawing for this type of photography
Read all of them, they may give you a start.
You'll see that using flash is nothing more or nothing less than bringing the daylight indoors, where it's under your total control.

There are plenty of books and websites that show 'setups' but my advice is to ignore them. Use one light on the model, make position it wherever it gives the result that suits the subject and the purpose. If the light is too harsh move it closer. If it's too soft move it further away. If the shadow areas are too dark, add a reflector.

That's it. The rest is down to practice and an understanding of light.

BTW, f/16 isn't a good idea unless you have a full frame camera, you'll start to get an overall loss of sharpness at anything less than f/11 with a cropped sensor camera.

Back