Lighting Issues

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if anyone will be able to help, but i don't know where to turn, this is my prediciment:

I have been given a - Nissin Di622 Speedlite Flash for Canon Cameras, with a five pin hotshoe connection. It has the ETTL system, and is also usable as a slave flash, but only by infra red using the cameras onboard flash as the trigger. I have purchased some EBAY triggers, partly because i can't afford Skyports/Wizards, and because if i don't like using them, i have only lost £30. Both of the Ebay's work as i have tested them with two older flashes i have, a Vivitar 1900, and a Sunpak. They all work fine, but will not fire my Nissin flash, either in ETTL mode or as a slave. Does anyone out their know if there is any way of getting it to work off camera, i am thinking the Nissin may only work as a slave by using Infra Red mode, but am not sure if so is there anyway this can be done. If anyone has any comments or help it would be most appreciated as i am completely stumped. Thanks in advance, Darren(y)

If there is a fully manual mode for the flash put it in that, however it might be one of those flashes that don't work with radio slaves (cos some cheaper flashes don't)

Try the fully manual mode first off if there is one

Back