Lighting problem (boxing)

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
was taking pix at a boxing event on Friday night and had a real problem with the lighting.I was shooting in full manual and raw and my exposures were all over the place.In a burst of 3 or 4 pix one would be exposed but next pix was under exposed, or the other way . I was using Canon 1DXii and the lad next to me had same problem and was using a Canon R6. Any one got any ideas.
photo examplesA28I6470.jpgA28I6471.jpg

The lights are probably pulsing /cycling at 50/60Hz all you can do is shoot in bursts which you have done with the SS in multiples of the frequency , which is usually the mains frequency.
The first time I had it was shooting indoor under Sodium lighting , like you the exposure was all over the place

Should be a "flicker reduction" option somewhere in the menus to synchronise shutter with the bright part of the lighting cycle

Recycle time? There's no evidence of flash firing at all in the second shot.

I shoot mma and I shoot with auto iso on.
This allows the camera to change the exposure instantly with the ever changing lighting. I shoot f2.8, 1000th/sec shutter and auto iso. I use centre weighted metering on my Nikons, works well for me.

Back