Lighting setup for outdoor interview on cloudy day?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Do I need any lighting at all? I have an LED light that I could use but thats about it.

If it was sunny, I'd know what to do so it being cloudy will I get away with no lighting? I'll be using a 600D with a 17-50 2.8 and 50mm 1.4.

Thanks.

It depends if you could get a black sided reflector in close out of shot it might add a bit of shadow to the person. Maybe use your LED as a rim light.

What's the location? If there's a large, light-coloured wall nearby then you have a free reflector that should just add a bit of light on to the subject.

It depends if you could get a black sided reflector in close out of shot it might add a bit of shadow to the person. Maybe use your LED as a rim light.

I can probably get myself hands on a black sided reflector from uni, I like the idea of using the LED light as a rim light though.

What's the location? If there's a large, light-coloured wall nearby then you have a free reflector that should just add a bit of light on to the subject.

Going to be in the countryside/in some woods. Will see what works best, so probably won't be any nearby walls. :thumbsdown:

You'd need a massive amount of LED to make any difference outdoors.

If it's really overcast, what are you going to reflect?

Light area with darker b/g FTW. Or BIG lights.

Back