Lightroom 3 - slightly different colours

Name
Mariusz
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

i have finally bought my first printer, Canon MG5250. i have decided to print few pictures i had ready and i noticed that colours when using Lightroom 3 are slightly different from these on my screen (new iMac 27"). Just to make things clear - i do not tick anything in "Print Job" section of lightroom. But when using Canon printing utilities the colours are spot on. Anyone might know reason?

i really would like to stick with Lightroom only, as i'm used to it's workflow already.

Please help,

Mariusz

yip no one has an answer. that will teach you to use a mac lol

probably something to do with the macs colour management

yip no one has an answer. that will teach you to use a mac lol

probably something to do with the macs colour management

Haha!!! :) I just started to use Mac recently (few months) and found it muche better then PC in any aspect. Absolutely lovin' it :D

i'll look it up then... It's just a bit weird that colours printed using Canon Software are spot on...

I'll keep on looking...

are you printing the same way in each program?

I use draft print in Lightroom, there's really nothing more i can do (except from printer profiles and dpi, i think).

In Canon software, i do not tweak anything neither, i only choose the size and type of paper, that's it.

Have you tried un ticking "Draft Print" and select printer manages color

Have you tried un ticking "Draft Print" and select printer manages color

I was going to suggest the opposite, in Photoshop, the advice is generally to until ICM /profiles in the printer driver, and to select allow Photoshop to manage colours!

Either way, you only want one of the devices, computer software or printer, to be converting the image into a profiled colour-space

Back