Lightroom classic 12.3 denoise AI

This guy (Mark Denney) really knows his way around Lightroom, and he likes the new AI denoising. He shows how it also sharpens the files, and there are several new features that he explains as well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIC640r91_Y
He doesn't seem to have picked up on DenoiseAI forcing you to also run "Raw Details" which, as I think I mentioned in my last post, is the old Enhance Details (possibly improved as part of the DenoiseAI being added). Unless he menions it at he end, I only watched to the end of the DenoiseAI part of the video

You can still run Raw Details without running DenoiseAI (but not the other way round)

There is a useful review of Enhance Details here.

Well, I've just used LR AI NR for the first time, on one image only, and it did seem to do a better job than Photolab. But the time it took....jeez!

The software predicted it would take 10 minutes although I'm not sure it quite took that long.
I had the same problem only the estimate for my images was 15-20 minutes ... and it was accurate! A new graphics card solved the problem ... 15 seconds average since then :)

I had the same problem only the estimate for my images was 15-20 minutes ... and it was accurate! A new graphics card solved the problem ... 15 seconds average since then :)

So - if I promise not to tell your wife - how much did you pay for the new graphics card......? Or is that too personal a question.:naughty:

So - if I promise not to tell your wife - how much did you pay for the new graphics card......? Or is that too personal a question.:naughty:
You can tell her ... she knows :bat:... and I survived - just. I paid just under £308 from Overclockers (y)

Ed, was that at the default settings or did you experiment a bit?
Default.

I might have got lucky as I've tried it on some others and it's not worked as well. Maybe some tweaks would have improved them. I need a faster PC if I'm going to use it a lot though!

If you are going to crop, doing that first is going to help it rattle through the job

It seems to do it faster anyway, I see what you mean though.

For those saying Topaz is slower than LR, I suggest going into the preferences and changing from Auto to your GPU. At times Topaz doesn't detect GPUs that well for reasons unknown. Easy to check in performance monitor if it's using your GPU or CPU.

Back