Lightroom Edit in.... Colours all wrong

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I've been using PSP X3 for years without issue, but I've recently "upgraded" to a new Windows 10 laptop as opposed to my old Win7 machine. This has been a nightmare on all fronts, X3 doesn't like Windows 10 and requires a load of patches installed in a specific sequence whilst standing on one leg under a full moon in order to even run. And now I have a new issue! Colours in PSP are completely wrong, doesn't seem to matter what options I choose for colour management or colour profile, they do not match what is shown in Lightroom or Windows viewer, in browser, or anywhere else you could display an image. I know PSP is a bit of a niche, but does anyone have any clue about something I may have missed?

Crappy screenshot of photo of my car for illustration purposes...note how PSP darkens it and shifts towards blue. This is as close as I've managed to get. Capture.JPG

EDIT TO ADD! The same is true of Photoshop, only when I save it in Photoshop the colour differences are made permanent in the file once it's back in Lightroom! What is going on? Was my old laptop screen really so bad I couldn't see the colour differences and this has always been the case?

Last edited:
yep looks like a calibration issue I calibrate monthly and you can see the difference even at that regular interval I may change it to bi-monthly hth Mike.

No it's not a calibration issue. The problem is that Lightroom and WIndows Photo Viewer are showing me images one way, PSP, Photoshop and the internet are all showing it me a different way. Everything is tagged SRGB, and everything is supposedly colour managed, so why the differences, and more importantly, which is right?

Back