lightroom printing q

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

When you print to jpeg in LR it puts on a border, how do i stop this, atm I export to full size jpeg but would like to 'print' properly as that way I can use my logo where required.

Cheers,
David

erm... there's a setting called "Photo Border" under "Image Settings" which you can use to size the border or turn it off completely.

Make sure your printer can print borderless, or this option is switched on, plus the suggestion above

Hi all,

When you print to jpeg in LR it puts on a border, how do i stop this, atm I export to full size jpeg but would like to 'print' properly as that way I can use my logo where required.

Cheers,
David

What printer do you use? For some Canon printers, you need to open printer preferences and set the paper sizes manually (set all the margins to 0 despite the warnings) because printer settings limit the size of the print to have small white margin. I tried to print borderless once on my older Canon Pixma all in one and that was the only way I could do it.

My printer does do bordereless and I almost allways print to jpeg.

Hepburn you hit the nail on the head but I have a really silly question, how do I find image settings? which menu is it under (feel a bit thick now)

Sorry for the late reply I kinda forgot about it.
Regards,
David

Hepburn you hit the nail on the head but I have a really silly question, how do I find image settings? which menu is it under (feel a bit thick now)

Bring up the print module
under "layout engine" select "picture package"
under "image settings" select the border options you require.

Nothing to feel thick about. Lightroom has much hidden away and not very obvious. :)

Ok ive played with his but it gives me an a4 jpeg a picture on it but with extra space - I know I can export to jpeg but I like printing to jpeg to get the identity plate.
Am I going about this the wrong way?

ok. I think i can see where you're going wrong. You need to scroll down the settings until you see an option to enable custom file dimensions. Tick that box and you can then reposition and enlarge the image at A4 size to exclude any white space or border.

perfect Hepburn works a treat now, I need to invest some serious time into learning lightroom so I can speed up my processing, so many simple things that I have to screw around to make work.

Back