Lightroom question

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, is it possible to remove a metadata preset in lightroom ?
I have made several over the past few months and now I would like to delete some of them I no longer use.

Thanks

Go to the user/appdata/roaming/Adobe/lightroom/Metadata Presets/ folder (path will vary depending on your flavour of OS, etc. and delete the files you no longer want.

Thanks pxl8 :) much appreciated.

e2a: I am on XP, couldn't point me in the right direction could you please :)
edited again, I have looked everywhere and can't find it.

Open a folder and go to tools > folder options. In the window the opens up make sure that Show hidden files & folders is ticked in the View tab. Then you should be able to find the folder in c:\documents & settings\username\appdata or something similar.

Thanks pixl8 but I think I am going to have to live with the presets :) cause I can't find the bloomin folder even after doing what you said :)

Thanks pixl8 but I think I am going to have to live with the presets :) cause I can't find the bloomin folder even after doing what you said :)

Hi,

You may have to set the OS to show hidden content:

Tool,
Folder Options,
Click on the View Tab,
Click on Show hidden files and folders

In Windows XP go to Start > Search > select All files and folders. In the All or part of the file name box enter *.lrtemplate. The look in box should read Local Hard drives. Click on more advanced settings & put a tick in Search hidden files and folders and also a tick in Search subfolders. Then click on Search.

Basically you are asking the system to find any file which has a .lrtemplate suffix [used for LR presets and templates] on any of the drives fitted to your pc and to include any hidden files or folder in the search.

The search results will list the found file names and their location, from that list identify the presets you no longer require & delete them.

Tom

Thanks for all the help, the search function did it, after I took the *. out of the lrttemplate word :)
I am going to look into as to why it wasn't showing and will report back :)
thanks again, much appreciated.

Back