Lightroom subscription renewal

Always waited for Prime day, not sure this time round as have On1 Photo Raw and a lot cheaper without a subscription even the new versions IMO are worth the money. Russ.
 
Hi,

I've just had my LR subscription reminder,( £119.21 p.a). I see that Amazon had it for a lot less recently - what is the likelihood of a similar reduction on Amazon Prime day?
Which version do you have?
 
Hi,

I've just had my LR subscription reminder,( £119.21 p.a). I see that Amazon had it for a lot less recently - what is the likelihood of a similar reduction on Amazon Prime day?
Less than a tenner a month doesn’t seem to bad considering what you are getting. Of course, if you can save a few pennies that’s fair enough. Lightroom does more than enough for me, and the pain of trying to learn a new system at my age would not appeal. Of course, if LR is missing a feature which other software has and you need, then that’s a fair reason to bite the bullet.
 
Less than a tenner a month doesn’t seem to bad considering what you are getting. Of course, if you can save a few pennies that’s fair enough. Lightroom does more than enough for me, and the pain of trying to learn a new system at my age would not appeal. Of course, if LR is missing a feature which other software has and you need, then that’s a fair reason to bite the bullet.


I'll stick with LR. It does far more useful stuff than it it did when I first started using it . As I said it was £79.60 (IIRC) recently on Amazon; hopefully there will be another offer before Oct 13th.
 
This has me questioning whether I need Photoshop. A fiver a month for Lightroom is a great deal and I probably use PS about twice a year nowadays
Unfortunately I “need” PS regularly for a seemingly simple end process for many of my photos which, I don’t think, can be done in
LR. No doubt I could also do it in another application but I cannot be bothered to develop it after so many years. I have gone for the easy life and adopted the LR+PS package.
 
This has me questioning whether I need Photoshop. A fiver a month for Lightroom is a great deal and I probably use PS about twice a year nowadays
Same here, but what to do twice a year:thinking:

EDIT
I know I will almost certainly use Stephen’s solution for the same reason
 
Last edited:
I had to move onto LrC last year from my original standalone LR6 as my new system couldn't use it. I did however manage to get my old PS Elements 15 to work and that does enough of the things I need that LrC doesn't do (or at least I can't make it do) so I only really need LrC. I paid £124.37 last November but I will keep an eye on the Amazon prices, even if I but early and lose the last month on my old sub, £58.75 would be a good deal.
 
I just bought a new code from Amazon for £58.75 (I'm not a Prime Member), the code came within a couple of minutes to my email and I have applied it to my Adobe account. My current plan ended on 16th Nov 2026, it now expires 16th Nov 2027. Happy with that. Thanks @Phil V for the heads up.
 
My 20GB Lightroom and Photoshop stacked codes finally ends March 2027
I'll be moving to lightroom only after buying a 12 month code from Amazon for £58.75
I know I've lost photoshop, but I rarely used it. Adobe on the other hand has lost over 50% of what I would have continued to pay, had they not changed everything.
Adobe is like Nvidia, their greed has no limits.
 
I normally have a student plan, as my son is at University, but as I only use Lightroom and Photoshop I'm going to opt for the Amazon £107 deal, which works out at £8.93 per month, I could extend the student plan which gives me access to all apps but that would be £16.24 a month and I don't need the other apps.
 
Same here, but what to do twice a year:thinking:

EDIT
I know I will almost certainly use Stephen’s solution for the same reason
I don’t have a ‘regular’ use, but in the last year I edited some plans (pdf) created some drawings for steels, and stitched a panorama of Hong Kong.

But since the healing in LR has improved, I find little use for photoshop.
 
My 20GB Lightroom and Photoshop stacked codes finally ends March 2027
I'll be moving to lightroom only after buying a 12 month code from Amazon for £58.75
I know I've lost photoshop, but I rarely used it. Adobe on the other hand has lost over 50% of what I would have continued to pay, had they not changed everything.
Adobe is like Nvidia, their greed has no limits.
It’s a large multi national organisation. Name me one which is truly altruistic.
 
I just bought a new code from Amazon for £58.75 (I'm not a Prime Member), the code came within a couple of minutes to my email and I have applied it to my Adobe account. My current plan ended on 16th Nov 2026, it now expires 16th Nov 2027. Happy with that. Thanks @Phil V for the heads up.

Looks like it is stackable then.......
 
I don’t have a ‘regular’ use, but in the last year I edited some plans (pdf) created some drawings for steels, and stitched a panorama of Hong Kong.

But since the healing in LR has improved, I find little use for photoshop.


it's easy enough to create panos in Lightroom......
 
I don’t have a ‘regular’ use, but in the last year I edited some plans (pdf) created some drawings for steels, and stitched a panorama of Hong Kong.

But since the healing in LR has improved, I find little use for photoshop.

I use CS2026. I have tried Lightroom but to me it felt more like an organising/cataloguing thing with a processor added on in a corner. I tried it and went back to PS.

Anyway. I use Photoshop CS2026 for panoramas and it seems to do a better job than previous versions but very occasionally it all goes wrong and produces a Frankenstein looking mess. Doing it all again with exactly the same pictures usually fixes the mess. I don't know if the same is true for LR but I thought I'd mention this just in case.
 
It’s a large multi national organisation. Name me one which is truly altruistic.
They're few and far between.
I just feel their business practices are to extract as much as possible from their customer base and I'll not be party to that.
I was happy enough paying for the photography package at £10 a month, they then decided that wasn't enough and was increasing the price by over 50%
It can drive people away, I'll be looking elsewhere if the price isn't worth it for myself.
The business of charging more to less people, becomes a limiting practice.
 
My 20GB Lightroom and Photoshop stacked codes finally ends March 2027
I'll be moving to lightroom only after buying a 12 month code from Amazon for £58.75
I know I've lost photoshop, but I rarely used it. Adobe on the other hand has lost over 50% of what I would have continued to pay, had they not changed everything.
Adobe is like Nvidia, their greed has no limits.
If you pay annually the price for the LR + PS + 20Gb plan is still £120/year, just as it was when they introduced it in 2013, and you now have an option of LR only which you are getting for half that - doesn't sound like unlimited greed on Adobe's part to me!
 
I had to move onto LrC last year from my original standalone LR6 as my new system couldn't use it. I did however manage to get my old PS Elements 15 to work and that does enough of the things I need that LrC doesn't do (or at least I can't make it do) so I only really need LrC. I paid £124.37 last November but I will keep an eye on the Amazon prices, even if I but early and lose the last month on my old sub, £58.75 would be a good deal.
Similar here. I just paid out £58.75 this morning, Just have to sort out my MBP before downloading it.
 
If you pay annually the price for the LR + PS + 20Gb plan is still £120/year, just as it was when they introduced it in 2013, and you now have an option of LR only which you are getting for half that - doesn't sound like unlimited greed on Adobe's part to me!
No, I got it on Amazon today for £107.20
 
Just tried to find out how long you can hold before registering the Lightroom offer.
My chat with Adobe.
How long can you hold registering adobe lightroom?

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
The documentation does not give a specific deadline for delaying registration after purchase or installation. It does say that Adobe Lightroom needs an internet connection and registration for activation, and the app attempts to validate your software every 30 days. If you already installed the trial version, you can license it later by running the Lightroom installer from the Creative Cloud desktop app. For older versions, Adobe notes that installers and support are not available for unsupported releases. If you’re unsure about your setup, keep the app connected long enough to complete activation and validation.




Sources
Did that help?

You said:
No

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
I found some helpful resources related to your query. Please visit these links for detailed information:

These resources should provide you with the detailed information you need.




Did that help?

You said:
No

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
I'm sorry we weren't able to help with that. If you'd like, I can connect you with a human advisor.

You said:
Yes

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
Please stay with us while we try to connect you with an advisor.

System said:
We'll connect you with an agent as soon as possible. For a faster resolution, please tell us how we can help you today.
System said:
You are now connected to Mohamed, who is reviewing your account. If you need to share sensitive information, such as credit card number, please wait for your agent to give you steps to share it securely.
System said:
Mohamed has joined the conversation
Agent said:

Hello Russell Webb, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details.[Auto generated]

Agent said:

Thank you for contacting Adobe. As I understand that you are reaching out to us regarding Lightroom subscription. Am I correct, Russell?

You said:
My Lightroom/Photoshop 20GB plan runs out next October 2027 if I purchase just Lightroom on offer just now how long can I hold off registering it as I do not tend to use Photoshop.

Agent said:

Happy to assist. I’ve helped many businesses/customers with similar requests, and I’ve got you covered. Before we continue, to make sure are we discussing about the account related to this email address?

You said:
Yes

Agent said:

thank you for the confirmation. I went through your account, you have a photography plan (20gb) purchased through a reseller.

You said:
Yes

Agent said:

I would like to know do you want to purchase it through Adobe directly or through the reseller.

You said:
reseller

Agent said:

Any quey related to cancellation / refund needs to be contacted with them.

Agent said:

Had the plan purchased through Adobe directly, we can help you, anything purchased through reseller needs to be routed through them.

You said:
I don't want a refund/cancellation I want to buy just Adobe Lightroom on offer at Amazon but not register right away

You said:
How long can I hold off?

Agent said:

I understand it, the reseller will be able to address you with this query, as how long the offer is valid. Hence kindly request you to contact the reseller.

You said:
Sorry but I just want to no how long Adobe allows before registering the product

Agent said:

This particular information is not available with us, it needs to be checked with the reseller alone.

You said:
The reseller has nothing to do with Adobe it's is your product with your rules

Agent said:

But this offer is valid through the reseller.

Agent said:

We do not have information on the offers which are through the reseller.

You said:
Your product no matter who sells it not someone else's remake.

I then gave up.
 
Last edited:
As I posted on another thread:

I contacted Amazon today about the current offers and didn’t yet very far. Contact Adobe was the conclusion.

So neither part is being helpful.
 
No, I got it on Amazon today for £107.20
Actually, you got the new version, LR + PS + 1Tb cloud - you can no longer get the LR + PS + 20Gb version except as a continuing subscriber to the old plan.

Yours is actually better value - more for less, but that wasn't an option when my old plan ran out of credit, and the 'full price' for the version you have is £240 per year, so it would be a gamble on Amazon continuing to make the discounted version available to switch (I don't use the Cloud storage, so the 2 plans are provide the same functionality for me)
 
Last edited:
Stupid question, so I cancel my monthly, buy this and it carries on the same ?
Yeah, cancel your current subscription and it will end on XX-XX-XX date. You then go to redeem.licences.adobe.com, sign and and enter the product code you get from Amazon
I did it earlier.
 
Actually, you got the new version, LR + PS + 1Tb cloud - you can no longer get the LR + PS + 20Gb version except as a continuing subscriber to the old plan.

Yours is actually better value - more for less, but that wasn't an option when my old plan ran out of credit, and the 'full price' for the version you have is £240 per year, so it would be a gamble on Amazon continuing to make the discounted version available to switch (I don't use the Cloud storage, so the 2 plans are provide the same functionality for me)
You're right, I didn't see you'd referenced 20GB :)
 
Just tried to find out how long you can hold before registering the Lightroom offer.
My chat with Adobe.
How long can you hold registering adobe lightroom?

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
The documentation does not give a specific deadline for delaying registration after purchase or installation. It does say that Adobe Lightroom needs an internet connection and registration for activation, and the app attempts to validate your software every 30 days. If you already installed the trial version, you can license it later by running the Lightroom installer from the Creative Cloud desktop app. For older versions, Adobe notes that installers and support are not available for unsupported releases. If you’re unsure about your setup, keep the app connected long enough to complete activation and validation.




Sources
Did that help?

You said:
No

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
I found some helpful resources related to your query. Please visit these links for detailed information:

These resources should provide you with the detailed information you need.




Did that help?

You said:
No

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
I'm sorry we weren't able to help with that. If you'd like, I can connect you with a human advisor.

You said:
Yes

Adobe Virtual Assistant said:
Please stay with us while we try to connect you with an advisor.

System said:
We'll connect you with an agent as soon as possible. For a faster resolution, please tell us how we can help you today.
System said:
You are now connected to Mohamed, who is reviewing your account. If you need to share sensitive information, such as credit card number, please wait for your agent to give you steps to share it securely.
System said:
Mohamed has joined the conversation
Agent said:

Hello Russell Webb, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details.[Auto generated]

Agent said:

Thank you for contacting Adobe. As I understand that you are reaching out to us regarding Lightroom subscription. Am I correct, Russell?

You said:
My Lightroom/Photoshop 20GB plan runs out next October 2027 if I purchase just Lightroom on offer just now how long can I hold off registering it as I do not tend to use Photoshop.

Agent said:

Happy to assist. I’ve helped many businesses/customers with similar requests, and I’ve got you covered. Before we continue, to make sure are we discussing about the account related to this email address?

You said:
Yes

Agent said:

thank you for the confirmation. I went through your account, you have a photography plan (20gb) purchased through a reseller.

You said:
Yes

Agent said:

I would like to know do you want to purchase it through Adobe directly or through the reseller.

You said:
reseller

Agent said:

Any quey related to cancellation / refund needs to be contacted with them.

Agent said:

Had the plan purchased through Adobe directly, we can help you, anything purchased through reseller needs to be routed through them.

You said:
I don't want a refund/cancellation I want to buy just Adobe Lightroom on offer at Amazon but not register right away

You said:
How long can I hold off?

Agent said:

I understand it, the reseller will be able to address you with this query, as how long the offer is valid. Hence kindly request you to contact the reseller.

You said:
Sorry but I just want to no how long Adobe allows before registering the product

Agent said:

This particular information is not available with us, it needs to be checked with the reseller alone.

You said:
The reseller has nothing to do with Adobe it's is your product with your rules

Agent said:

But this offer is valid through the reseller.

Agent said:

We do not have information on the offers which are through the reseller.

You said:
Your product no matter who sells it not someone else's remake.

I then gave up.


You've got to laugh. :LOL: But......:headbang:
 
I contacted Adobe to change to yearly pricing months and months ago and they cancelled my account. It took a LOT of back and forth to even get it back up a running, never mind getting the expiry date back to somewhere close to its original.
I have zero confidence in getting the monthly 20GB plan changed to yearly going forward. My experience with their CS is pi$$ poor TBH.
That's why I'd always prefer a redemption code.
 
Back
Top