Lightroom to Photoshop message on every image - can anybody help?

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
Hi. I was asking on the Adobe help but for some reason was booted out after waiting 10 minutes... joy. Anyway I get a message about a Profile mismatch every time I open an image in PS from LR. I have attached a screen shot and hope you can see it. Just in case: The document xxx has an embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB working space. Embedded: ProPhoto RGB . Working: Adobe RGB. I chose the second option on the advice of two toher users. It did not always show this and when I open a series of images it really slows me down. Any ideas, please? Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 11.48.19.png

Lightroom sends a file to Photoshop as a ProPhotoRGB Document, to avoid getting this message you can either change your Photoshop Working space to ProPhoto or in the same preferences dialogue you can change the default behaviour, personally I would always work in the wider ProPhoto colour space.

Lightroom sends a file to Photoshop as a ProPhotoRGB Document, to avoid getting this message you can either change your Photoshop Working space to ProPhoto or in the same preferences dialogue you can change the default behaviour, personally I would always work in the wider ProPhoto colour space.

Ok thanks - I have to change this every time. Can you tell me where to find the place where I can reset it to the working space, please?

Thanks will give that a try when I get back to my machine later on. :clap:

Assuming that you have done all critical editing in LR, there is probably little need to remain in ProPhoto RGB. When you use external Plug-ins etc. in PS, they will not necessarily be able to cope with ProPhoto. Also your final output may be to print, in which case, Adobe RGB is all you need. I set my default colour space on PS to Adobe RGB. Also I set my external editing profile in LR to Adobe RGB. So although LR internally will use ProPhoto, my exports to PS will be Adobe RGB hence I will never see the box you see. The only time I see that is if I am processing someone else's images which may be sRGB

Dave.

Back