Lightroom, what a flippin' mess!!!!

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I was trying to import from an SD card as I have done thousands of times before and it let me select photos and start the import but then just hung up without importing anything. After a few attempts at this where it kept failing I thought I would just move the photos off the card into the relevant folder and then synch them in LR.

I manually created the folder in LR, and after more buggering about finally got the right folder pointing to the right place on disk, I tried to synchronise the folder, but the sync thinks the files are already imported so won't let me select them. Any ideas? I'm seriously beginning to wonder if LR catalogue is more of a hindrance than a help

So I got it to sync but only after I found that I now have 2 D: drives (where I keep my Pictures) listed in the Library folder and removed the folder from the second D: drive. Any ideas as to what is going on?

1555511692553.png

I thought I would just move the photos off the card into the relevant folder and then synch them in LR.
I would have done the folder creating and file moving in the OS, not Lightroom, and then synch them to Lightroom.

Can't you just start again? Remove the problem folder(s) from LR. Then do what John just said, before importing to LR?

I would have done the folder creating and file moving in the OS, not Lightroom, and then synch them to Lightroom.
That's what I did but then it seems for some reason LR created a whole new D: folder with duplicate subfolders

I found that thread yesterday but it didn't solve my problem. I spent half an hour in an online chat with an Adobe support person who went through all the stuff I had already done and concluded it was the SD cards fault, even though I can see the photos on the SD card and copy them off no problem with Windows Explorer.

I had to manually remove the folders from the duplicate D: drive to get rid of it and then re-sync various things in the original D: drive section, I'm really beginning to wonder if it's time to stop paying a tenner a month or whatever it is now.

Back