Lindisfarne Castle Black and White

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Here are some shots I took at Lindisfarne Castle last weekend. The light was a bit flat so I thought black and white might suit these best, but I’ve only recently started using Lightroom again for processing (on iPad) so I’d appreciate some feedback particularly on the processing of these please if anyone would like to critique.

Thanks

Lindisfarne Castle and Shed Monochrome by NPUK, on Flickr

Lindisfarne Castle and Walkers Monochrome by NPUK, on Flickr

Lindisfarne Castle Monochrome by NPUK, on Flickr

They're potentially good shots, but just a bit grey. I'd download and use something like the older free version of Silver Efex Pro to bring your mono images to life.

They're potentially good shots, but just a bit grey. I'd download and use something like the older free version of Silver Efex Pro to bring your mono images to life.

Thanks ancient_mariner. I know what you mean about the greyness. I guess I'm wary of over processing by trying to get too much out of an image that just isn't there.

Good shots, but agree with Toni.
We're in Lindisfarne this weekend but the rain hasn't stopped, so no photos from me this weekend :(
Still really enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend though.
It's alway dry in the pub....

Thanks ancient_mariner. I know what you mean about the greyness. I guess I'm wary of over processing by trying to get too much out of an image that just isn't there.

Rather than over processing, think in terms of opening up the picture. There's often a huge amount that's just hidden because the colours didn't get tonally separated, and a part of the art is both revealing and hiding details.

I really like the first one and definitely has more potential to be pulled out of it.

Back