Edit My Images
Yes
Here are the best pictures from yesterday:

_DSC0540.jpg

_DSC0547.jpg

_DSC0591.jpg

_DSC0594.jpg

_DSC0604-1.jpg

The white balance is off a bit on your first 2 pictures apart from that quite a good set!

The white balance is off a bit on your first 2 pictures apart from that quite a good set!

It was hard to get the camera set up right for the conditions as the light was changing so much so thats why it is off.

All the pictures are taken straight off the camera but on my day off from college this week I will make a few wee tweaks to the pictures in photoshop.

I've always found the auto in my 20d does a pretty good job 95% of the time unless you are shooting in really low light thats really the only time I manually set the wb.

Its quite easy to fix in photoshop anyway, I normally correct wb on the raw import.

Some interesting shots, 12 dosnt work for me but 13 does.

There's a definite improvement in your shots Ross :) I wouldn't have shown #7 though, even though the timing is great the shots just a bit soft.

Cheers everyone for you comments.

Does anyone want to have a go at telling me what improvements I can improve make to these pictures tomorrow in photoshop and anything that i can do at the next event to make them better?

What format are they saved in raw j-peg? raw use cs3 (if you have it or lightroom)

contrast boost, increase clarity, sharpen as required.

J-peg but without lightroom then.

Id use the curves to adjust contrast as in the edit below, just lower the bottom part of the curve, then apply some USM, i used 150 radius 1 threshold 10 to get the result below.

Original
_DSC0594-vi.jpg

Edit
_DSC0594copy-vi.jpg

Back