Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
Pic of lion processed lomo stlye shot at chester zoo c and c welcome

I apologise but have no idea what "lomo" style means
BUT
I really like the pic,great expresssion & pose

Lomo is a make of camera with a plastic lens and usually crossprocessed film to give an over saturated look plus a vignette from the lens

Lomo is a make of camera with a plastic lens and usually crossprocessed film to give an over saturated look plus a vignette from the lens

A tiny correction - LOMO refers to older russian cameras manufactured by Leningrad Optical & Mechanical Union (now St.Petersburgh). The quality may have been poor but it was not made out of plastic (well not in Soviet times). I used to have their Smena 35mm camera - recently disassembled the lens from it for DIY project and it was solid metal with the coated glass elements (well the front one at least was coated). Had used a few others back in my youth and don't recall them having plastic optics either.

I think the confusion is with what came to be known as Lomography which now seems to refer to weird effects produced by far from perfect optics but by any cameras (like plastic Holga's) contrary to original meaning where it referred to the photos from the cameras produced by that russian factory.

Last edited:
Aye Dalex was using the term lomo as a general lomography style

Back