Lionesses at Colchester Zoo

Name
Caleb
Edit My Images
Yes
First photo posted. Not of my usual subject but I'd quite like to do a few more nature shots, so I'd like some critique please. Feel free to rip it to bits, its the only way I'll learn!

IMG_1800.jpg

Love the colours, vibrant but not silly so.

Your composition is a little off, for example the tip of the standing lioness is missing, I would prefer a little space above it and the random ear in the bottom right hand corner is frustrating ;)

Having said that the space in front of the lying lioness for her to look into is good \nd to my eyes this looks a sharp shot (y)

Thanks Tina, thats great. Most shots I take its only the middle 1/3 I'm interested in, more width rather then height if that makes sense, so I've got a bit blaise with my top and bottom frame, need to make a note to keep an eye on the top. Curves adjusted in DPP. I was quite impressed with sharpness considering I used my Sigma 28-300 right out which is notorious for being soft.

The random ear is also her tail, did try to clone it out but couldn't get it right so left it in (or should that be left it behind). Thanks again for the feedback.

Great pose :)agree with Tina about the crop and also the colours are great

Hi Caleb (waving from Clacton!), I agree again with Tina regarding the cropping. I don't however agree with the comment about the sharpness - it looks soft to me I'm afraid.

You still did well, I didn't get anything decent with the Lions when I last went to Colcester Zoo!

Back