"Liquid Art"

Edit My Images
Yes
I am finding these pictures more and more fascinating, beautiful and addictive.

I think I shall rename them "Liquid Art" as they seem to be almost an art form in their own right.

I hope you find them as beautiful as I do.

Perhaps we should have a seperate section for these type of pictures as a number of people on here seem to like them.

#1 looks like something from terminator 3. Very good.

Thanks for that.

When you consider that these all originate from water dripping from a tap into a wine glass or clear plastic cup it makes them all the more extraordinary in their totally varied forms.

I obtained extra colour in them by putting a metallic Christmas bag behind the glass or cup.

This bag had lots of different colored stars on it which added to the colours.

The 1st looks a bit like an alien rising from the deep ....

I love playing around with these .. no two seem to be the same.

Always enjoy these shots, like you I love keeping it simple with ordinary water and seeing how non water like it can look. Can I suggest you put a bit of the colour christmas paper or similar IN the glass or tub as well as behind it, the colours then reflect right up through the drop.
Excellent work

Well done! You've captured the action in the water very well ... :cool: I feel that #1 and #3 are spoiled a bit by the rim of the bowl :thinking: Just my opinion of course :cool:

Well done! You've captured the action in the water very well ... :cool: I feel that #1 and #3 are spoiled a bit by the rim of the bowl :thinking: Just my opinion of course :cool:

I tried a large plastic bowl but the results weren't quite as good.

The problem is that each shot is totally unique and can never be replicated so it's just a case of keep trying different things and pick the best.

I tried a large plastic bowl but the results weren't quite as good.

The problem is that each shot is totally unique and can never be replicated so it's just a case of keep trying different things and pick the best.

Peter, Try tilting the bowl away from the shot so that the surface tension in the water creates a soft edge and blends better into the background ....

Hover Drop Collision by SteveP!, on Flickr

squirt4.jpg

squirt3.jpg

squirt.jpg

Back