TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
Red Bellied Piranha

i.php

1/60th f6.3 ISO100 Tamron 90mm 580ex

I aquired a pair of these of a friend who no longer wants them.
Its great watching them wind each other up.
I tried to get a shot of its teeth, but it doesn't want to smile for the camera.

Wow, a close up - and an UGLY brute :D

Well done, I love fish too. I have a big (empty) aquarium, haven't the heart to try again - requires so much work.

Thanks Gary.
I used to have a very large aquarium, but when we moved it wouldn't fit in the house.
Its been hard work with these two trying to keep the water chemistry at safe levels.

wow great shot. All my fish tank shot are very poor. Thats a cracker. btw can you feed them by hand like I can my clown loach ;)

wow great shot. All my fish tank shot are very poor. Thats a cracker. btw can you feed them by hand like I can my clown loach ;)

Um I suspect the phrase is 'can you feed them your hand'...:eek:

Thanks

I took these with the flash pointing down through the condensation tray.
I found that if you don't keep the lens flat against the tank, what you can see is distorted by the glass.

I have had my hands in the tank but not to feed them :nono:
I made sure they were full first ;)

yes you can feed them by hand i used to have six and i would hold raw meat in the tank and they would take it out of my fingers there a placid fish unless provoked

Back