Live Feed setup question, multiple cameras, mixer, wireless wifi connection

Name
Otto
Edit My Images
No
I am looking into building a live feed system. I would like to provide live feed for online events, weddings, workshops.

I would like to have 2-3 cameras to record the event. I am thinking about attaching a wireless transmitter to the cameras to send the signal to a live feed video mixer. I would like to switch back and forth between cameras signal is broadcasted to the online viewers.

How would you do this? What king of DSLR/mirrorless HDMI transmitter you would use from the camera to the video mixer. What kind of solutions there are to switch back and forth between cameras? Thanks so much!

Hi Otto, I've not tried wireless. When I looked at it, the production strength Teradek products were just too expensive. There are cheaper options if you can setup or use reliable wifi. I've kept with cables, SDI cables for long runs. For switching and broadcast, I use Atem gear. Usually, I have a couple of crew, you need someone monitoring the feeds or moving the cameras, someone managing the sound and someone producing the output. Depending on the scale of the event some of the roles can be combined. In a fixed and controlled setup like a workshop it's possible to manage on your own.

Back