Live Music from York!

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
First off apologies for the length of this post! Representative from potentially the best gig I've attended this year.

York's The Duchess hosted three bands on Thursday just gone, one of which (The Hair) I saw in support of the Kaiser Chiefs earlier in the year and were far from great, the other two were unknowns to me.

Knackered from two nights up nursing a poorly two year old I almost didn't bother going, these are some of what I came out with......

Dead Rebellion:

Wasn't sure what to expect here but hip hop style vocals laid over strong guitar and synth riffs worked surprisingly well for these guys.

The Runaway Sons

Highlight of the evening for me personally, find it hard to believe that this group has only been together since April '08, massive massive guitar based rock/indie songs with quality musicianship and mothers singing along in the crowd led to a fantastic set. I expect big things for them.

The Hair

After The Runaway Sons, The Hair had to pull off a great show to maintain the standard of the evening and they didn't fail, possibly daunted by the large venue I saw them at before, the relatively small Duchess fitted them well.

All shot from the crowd with a 450d / Sigma 30mm f1.4. Pics clickie for flickr.

Thanks for looking, C&C welcomed.(y)

Back