Liverpool Parade

DRZ

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Today there was a huge parade through Liverpool, run by Brouhaha International. It was certainly spectacular.

With my shots, I tried to show the people there rather than the "event" and memory concerns (I had left a 1Gb card at home) meant I had to be cautious with my shots - so I probably missed a few. Ah well, thats life.

CRW_8467s.jpg

CRW_8482s.jpg

CRW_8483s.jpg

CRW_8487s.jpg

CRW_8495s.jpg

CRW_8499s.jpg

CRW_8501s.jpg

CRW_8510s.jpg

CRW_8514s.jpg

CRW_8517s.jpg

CRW_8526s.jpg

CRW_8553s.jpg

CRW_8560s.jpg

CRW_8563s.jpg

CRW_8575s.jpg

CRW_8578s.jpg

CRW_8593s.jpg

CRW_8599s.jpg

CRW_8603s.jpg

All shots up to and including the guy in red with the whistle taken with the 100-400L, the rest were taken with the 70-200mm F/4L.

Comments welcome as ever :)

They are all great...But the last two have it for me. Very different.

Did lack of memory card make you think about the shots more. I read an article about a guy who always took a small memory card so he would think about his shots in the same way he did when he used film.

BobR said:
They are all great...But the last two have it for me. Very different.

Did lack of memory card make you think about the shots more. I read an article about a guy who always took a small memory card so he would think about his shots in the same way he did when he used film.

In the back of my mind was always "I only have 160 shots" but it was more a case of trying to time the shot well rather than shoot off a burst. Eye contact was missed (its so fleeting) because of that. Everything is happening so fast you dont have time to rake back through the shots to delete the ones you missed. Other than that, I try and get the shot right before I release the shutter anyway so it didnt really have much bearing on composition.

I wouldnt suggest going out without spare memory to force you into being conservative - a good shot is a good shot if you spray and pray or take hours deciding on the shot :)

I wouldnt suggest going out without spare memory to force you into being conservative - a good shot is a good shot if you spray and pray or take hours deciding on the shot :)[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that. I wish I could remember what mag I read this in, but the guy was taking shots of steam trains in low light and mists so I guess he is not going to need the burst of shots that you needed to catch they eye contact of the performers.

I normally take a couple of 1 gig cards... would be gutted if I had to miss some shots. Yours are really good though and the last two need framing.:clap: :clap:

When I used to live in Toxteth, am sure I was living next door to the guy on the right in the last image :LOL:
I really am gutted I missed the parade but have a commission due on tuesday :( The drum troupe are awesome, I have photos of them from the Mayors parade a while back.

As for the images - they turned out great, all great captures, no bad points from me at all. :clap:

Enjoyed looking through those. nice series of very sharp photos:)
Have to agree that last one is a bit special.

On my monitor some of the normal shots look just a touch dark and the contrast seems a bit high.

I like the one with the woman with the raffia bits with her hands in the air, she in an action shot and has looked right in the lens, and unusual thing, a really sharp pic.

And the one 5th from the end with the blond hair, a combination between a "band" shot and a really personal portrait.

The man jumping(up side down) is good just for the cool factor, you've caught him mid spin, really cool.

I also like the first one a lot, a really beautiful person shall i say, leaves you wondering, i think it a man but who knows, its a really strong shot, one you have to keep going back to.

:)

Some great shots there - very colourful and I think you've cxaptured the day well. Saying that, the last two stand out above the rest!

caught the day very well!

a stunning set of shots DRZ...I love them all but especially the one of the little dancer with her plaits and her charming smile just for you!

Some fantastic Sharp! shots, ahem! specially the lady in the yellow top :love: (someone had to say it).

I like the second set the best, I love the vibrant smile of the little girl in black with the braids.

The girl in yellow is a stunner and looks like she's posing especially for you, I like the shot of her dancing too.

The last two shots are just fantastic as already said (y) (y) (y)

InaGlo said:
The girl in yellow is a stunner and looks like she's posing especially for you

Ummm, would be nice if she was posing for me.........:naughty:

Glen said:
Ummm, would be nice if she was posing for me.........:naughty:
Im looking for someone with that sort of look to model for me as I have a comp coming up in a few months and the theme is Egyptian.
Think if we clubbed together we could get her ... Id throw her a nice set of sparkly nails in! ;)

Excellent series very well executed, I must say I am impressed by your work lately DRZ..;)

InaGlo said:
Im looking for someone with that sort of look to model for me as I have a comp coming up in a few months and the theme is Egyptian.
Think if we clubbed together we could get her ... Id throw her a nice set of sparkly nails in! ;)

She comes into the Sainsburys by my apartment sometimes, I'll mention the sparky nails next time I see her & bet she won't be able to resist! :)
Know I've already commented but these really are excellent shots DRZ.

InaGlo said:

I'll do it for free, I look great with long black hair and a short skirt :LOL:

The costumes are all stunning, any idea what the parade was about DRZ?

Its all part of the European Capital of Culture 2008 thing Liverpool has. Loads of events are being staged partly as a test bed (I think) and partly to raise awareness of what Liverpool has to offer before the big year in 2008. It has certainly changed the feel of the city over the last few months!

Thanks to everyone who has commented on these, I am pleased with them and I glad others have enjoyed looking at them too :)

Back