Liverpool Weekend trip (56k)

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Never been to Liverpool before. I'd reccommend it to anyone. It's nice now...will be great when its finished. There seems to be building work everywhere!

Didn't know what to expect so was pleasantly surprised. It is like a mini London with historic grand buildings and galleries etc. Most of the buildings look cleaner than the equivalent one in London though. Loved hearing the accents of people passing by - just like on TV :)

Probably would have explored further but as Jill thinks it is more important for shoes to look right than be comfy and not blister your feet......

Anyway a few tourist snaps :)

Liver Building
liver1.jpg

Pigeon roost monument
liver2.jpg

I found the funny signs thread but it was a bit too dead so ... striped camel?
liver3.jpg

Even got their own national gallery and Nelsons column :)
liver4.jpg

Obligatory sunset over the Mersey
liver5.jpg

Did I say there was a lot of building :) (Need a steadier hand though as its slightly blurred)
liver6.jpg

Like the first one of the Liver Building.

Did you manage to come back with your camera? ;) :D

Some lovely shots there, but why is everything leaning to the left? ;)

Hacker said:
Like the first one of the Liver Building.

Did you manage to come back with your camera? ;) :D

A lot of people said similar. There were a few groups of young lads about that it seemed sensible to avoid but generally I felt safe enough.

And the camera bag was on my left shoulder ;) . I did rotate a few a bit....obviously not quite enough. Its Hot!

That would be down to a 77mm polarising filter that I bought recently ;)

.....from you

Certainly makes a difference!

excellent shots, i like the silo silleo balls, #2!

Totally missed this - some really great captures.

Really like the silhouette;) shot, looks excellent with the birds rallying around the monument.

Also the Liver building looks really good, makes a good contrast against that sky, has great crisp detail.

What are they building that requires soo many tower cranes in one place?

Thanks for sharing(y)

The cranes are for the Paradise Street Project which is going to be a new major shopping center in Liverpool. Not bad shots. I think they could do with something a bit more. A polarizer could help with the skies.

Back