Liverpool's 3 Graces

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
img_1192-edit-edit.jpg

I got so lucky the other day. I was commissioned to take this shot and I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted. Blue skies, calm water and the reflection. Its a shot I knew I would get as soon as I saw the new canal link. I didn't expect to get this lucky this quickly. I paid a price though. Literally minutes after my vision went due to a migraine, but thankfully the sun went behind a cloud so there wasn't any point in taking any more photos. Right place, right time and moments before going blind. Just got to get it at night now.

Excellent that Pete, really sharp and clean looking.

Andy

That is an superb shot with excellent PP. The PP is not to my personal taste but I quite readily acknowledge your skill and talent for achieving that look.

Its not possible to go any further back without a wider lens due to the barrier. What do you mean by a more normal one? One without processing?

Nice - but a pity it's so tight in the frame, just shows sometimes you just can't get wide enough even at 10mm DD

Does look a little tight in the frame. Still an excellent photograph. Perfectly exposed. Great composition. Beautifully sharp with lovely colour and detail. Fantastic reflection. Love the processing (y)

TBH I don't feel that its all that tight in the frame. Plenty of the room on the left hand side, maybe a touch tight on the right but fine as it stands. Its only a very very minor thing and I think I succeeded in making people say "Wow" :)

:notworthy: .... "stick to your guns" pete .... personal taste will always mean you can't please all the people all of the time .... I think it is a fantastic shot and if I ever get one that is half as good I would be chuffed to bits .... I'm a big fan of your work can't wait for the night time shot keep 'em coming. (y)

Last edited:
Good shot, one slight thing bothers me though, the fact that my eye is drawn to the halo round the top of the clock tower on the left.

Yeah, you got the reflection alright. It does need a wider lens to get a really decent frame though - anybody got a 8 - 9mm they want to sell?

I think it is a tad bit tight but a very minor niggle....and Pete, you certainly made me go wow! :)

Great image Pete, I find the faces of the buildings just a little too bright for my eyes, maybe a tad darker and it would be perfect :clap:

I dunno, any darker and the tops will be too dark. I initially though that they weren't bright enough.

Cracking shot Pete. Makes me homesick.

The Cunard building in particular does look a bit bright on my monitor though.

Back