Llanddwyn Island sunset - Anglesey North Wales

Edit My Images
No
Had a wander along my favourite beach tonight & managed a few sunset shots, here's one of several

All feedback appreciated

Simon

Llanddwyn-Island-sunset_2.jpg

Works for me.The appearance of the sunlight from the right of the photo lighting up the rocks and the wall of the lighthouse works well.

IMHO.

Thanks for the comments...

ShootingJack,

This was taken about 15 minutes before sunset - unfortunately this time of year it's not possible to take the shot with the sun higher as it would close behind the lighthouse. May well revisit in a month or two & take a few more shots

Simon

Lovely shot Simon (y)

Have you traveled around Anglesey coast much? where would you recommend to go?

Thanks for the comments & yes, walked pretty much all of it several times....

My own favourite places for walking in particular are between Cemaes/Bull Bay, Treaddur/Holyhead, Cemaes/Carmel Head, Treaddur/Rhoscolyn - quite spectacular in places & certainly rivals anything Cornwall has to offer.

If beaches are your thing without doubt Llanddwyn here (near Newborough) is something special, also nice are Benllech, Lligwy (near Moelfre), Church Bay, Rhosneigr (great for watersport too) - there are others too.

I have a few articles on my website here which you might find useful:

http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com/section84551.html

Also the Anglesey Official site has lots of info:

http://www.islandofchoice.com/tourism.asp

Hope this gives you some ideas - now, just need to get in touch with Anglesey Tourism & claim my commission fees ;)

Simon

Simon, the first shot is by far the best and an excellent pic, I love sea scapes I think their peaceful nature is so good for photography, really good work, nice one.

Like it alot,

I like the lighting effect and the way the clouds seem to funnel towards the mountains in the distance.

Wicked picture :clap:
Elvis

Love this shot. I can imagine myself standing on those rocks lit up by the suns dying rays looking out at this most peaceful of scenes. Well caught (y)

Back