Llangollen Golf Club - from on high!!

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Went out with the cam the other day as it was so nice. I'm lucky that I live near the beautiful Vale of Llangollen and the Dee Valley.

There's a local beauty spot called The Panorama where you can drive along the top on the mountain road that looks down into the Dee valley. It's usually busy with ramblers, toggers and day trippers - especially on nice days as the views are great.

On this day, I was suffering with a lot of my pics with haze in the scenic distance shots, as this one was. Here I was looking down onto Llangollen Golf Course right across the other side of the valley. I've tried cleaning it up a bit in Photoshop, and compared to the original, it's come out reasonably OK . Well it's the best I could get it with my rather limited PS skills anyway ;)

If I can, I'll touch up some of the others from up there and add them on here later.....

IMG_1505.jpg

This is the view zoomed out more, and to the right of the previous shot, with the golf course is still in view. The River Dee is making it's way down the valley after passing through the middle of the town of Llangollen (where the famous International Eisteddfod takes place every year - part of which, is just visible in the top right of the shot.)

valley.jpg

Here's a view further along the road of Castell Dinas Bran (known locally as Crow Castle) that overlooks Llangollen, which is directly at the foot of it's slope....

Twas the briefest of Indian summers, as it's gone back to normal again the last few days, and these shots look like they're from a different planet now... :crying:

castle.jpg

Back