local 'Air Show'

Edit My Images
Yes
Been a wee while since I posted in here, so I thought it was worth bunging these shots up! Sorry that you're bombarded with a dozen images, but this selection was slimmed down from 30-odd :bonk:

Taken with my (now Sold) Sigma 105mm EX DG lens at the weekend. All were taken in low-ish light conditions, some with the aid of my Rayflash.

V-little (if any PP) on the majority, most are cropped a bit. Feel free to make any PP adjustments :)

First up, some of the 'areo' shots...

DSC_3621a.jpg

DSC_3617a.jpg

DSC_3623a.jpg

Last edited:
...and finally, the post-display rest & refuelling :p

DSC_3600b.jpg

DSC_3607b.jpg

DSC_3622b.jpg

DSC_3608b.jpg

DSC_3555b.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent shots, cant fault any,

but my fav has to be #1 (still trying to work out how you would get a pin sharp shot like that in low-light etc) excellent!!

Cracking shots, #1 is the standout one for me, sharp detail on subject and great backdrop to make it stand out even more.

Number 1 is amazing.... I was trying a few shots like this earlier in the summer but they were all pants, you've inspired me to have another go!!

Many, many thanks for all the replies folks, I'm glad you like them :)

Great set!!! number one looks like it's on a bombing mission :)

Aye John, and like many of the others, tracking the hoverflies to the point where some were ok to be keepers had hit & miss results. The 'bombing mission' one, #1, had a couple of approach shots related to it, pity they were slightly OOF and the gutter downpipe was their BG:

DSC_3619a.jpg

DSC_3620a.jpg

I really like hoverflies - their persistence, often returning to the same spot in mid-air and assumed curiosity always makes me smile ;)

Thank you for the wonderful pictures - I like the second shot, top-down, especially, as it's an angle at which I rarely see them.

Thank you for sharing :D

Some really nice shots there 1, 2, 8 & 9 are my favorites. Got to ask - why have you sold the lens:thinking:

Back