Local Gymkhana

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the day shooting the local gymkhana/summer show. Over 600 shots to go through but these took my eye on a first run through :) Any critique appreciated.

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

Good stuff Doddy. You've caught the high point of the action nicely. I'm surprised you didn't go for a few with all hoofs off the ground. Landing shots are good too with lots of drama potenial with the rider out of the saddle and trying not to go over the top. :icon_eek:

you mean like these :D
IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

:D I guessed you had really! :icon_cool

excellent shots Dod, you will get a good reputation doing that!

thanks EosD, bit early for reputations but I had a display up of some of the others I've taken and there were loads of ooohs and aaahs so all the leaflets I prepared were taken. We'll wait and see.

I've got a pile like these and a lot more which are technically good but a bit boring. Just the type of show it was, a lot of classes where there wasn't much movement.

I like the 3rd shot Dod, just something about the fully stretched horse? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, no reason at all why you shouldn't get work from it they are good shots.
good luck.
Ken.

I am really glad that this is working out for you dod, your pictures are certainly pin sharp and you have the eye to capture and match up the shots with what your paying public want. I am sure this is just the beginning of a very long and successful journey for you and this area of photography, its even better that its is bringing in some income as well.

As well as the pictures being a pleasure to view I am also really pleased for you mate, you deserve every success :)

Thanks guys, the more I take the more I find out what people want. That makes the whole exercise more interesting and at the same time more challenging. There's also a HUGE amount of luck involved, so many things all have to work together.

And it is nice to be able to get a little return on the costs of our hobby :)

All excellent shots cause they catch the rider's facial expression as they're making the jump. They're all thinking "did I make it?" and hoping that they have. :)

But I'd like to point out that the second photo above is slightly less good cause you're not zoomed in as much like the other 4 similar front shots of the jump.

Is it better to bite-in your lips like that?? :ponders:

Back