Location help - Engagment shoot in or around South West England

Name
E
Edit My Images
No
Hey everybody!

So I'm in a little dilemma whereby I'm having difficulties finding nice places that I could do an engagement shoot. I obviously asked the couple, and they are all happy for some nice greenery, I was wondering if anybody knows of anywhere in South West, Bristol, Glos or further south that I could use for some nice couple portraits.

It's so difficult having to pick a place that I could shoot at as opposed to being given somewhere to work.

Would love if anyone could share some nice locations with me

Thanks in advance! :)

Get couple to suggest the place. You could say do you have a favourite spot.

Tyntesfield is near bristol, nice old manor house and lovely grounds, been there a few times working. Theres a place called Dyrham Park in Gloucestershire, never been there but it looks nice in the pics I've seen. Bit closer to bath is Prior park. Never been there though.

On the west side of Bristol you have Ashton Court Estate & Leigh Woods. Both have plenty of greenery. You also have Clifton Down, and you could encompass a shot with bridge in the background.

There is a great location at Sharpness, (LINK) but you will need the tide to be in, so check the tide tables.

However, as Wayne mentioned, Dyrham Park would be great, it's just off of the M4 so easy for you both to get too.

Be aware that commercial photography at National Trust properties is restricted ... would be unwise to just turn up without being sure it will be okay.

e.g.
Professional and commercial photography

The National Trust does not permit photography or filming at its properties for commercial use or for reproduction in any form without consent from National Trust Images. Images taken at National Trust properties may not be submitted to photo libraries, agencies or on-line providers or provided directly to image buyers.
All requests for permission to undertake professional photography, including wedding/engagement photography, or commercial photography of any kind at Blickling Estate should get in touch with us directly using the telephone number or email link provided below.

Any National Trust location will go nuts if they catch you. Its hard to prebook a shoot with them as not only do they expect payment, but also public insurance and at one time a proven membership of a professional photo body.

Can you perhaps tell people what sort of location you fancy - countryside, water, urban, historic location, architecture style? This area covers a massive range of stuff, your narrowing it down would really help.

Get couple to suggest the place. You could say do you have a favourite spot.
I've already asked if they have a specific place that is special to them. They didn't have anything that came to mind, no engagement places, no first date areas etc.

Be aware that commercial photography at National Trust properties is restricted ... would be unwise to just turn up without being sure it will be okay.

e.g.
I was totally un-aware of this. Thanks for saving me the hassle of getting into trouble!

Any National Trust location will go nuts if they catch you. Its hard to prebook a shoot with them as not only do they expect payment, but also public insurance and at one time a proven membership of a professional photo body.

Can you perhaps tell people what sort of location you fancy - countryside, water, urban, historic location, architecture style? This area covers a massive range of stuff, your narrowing it down would really help.
Again, thanks for letting me know. Not too great, but ill have to make do.

They mentioned somewhere green, I was wondering if there was a nice forest trail with lovely tall trees, but not too covered. I might actually drive up to Forrest of Dean this week to see if I've got any potential places I could work with. Could be a good shot.

Somewhere with a bit of a lake might be a good call too.

I never thought it'd be as stressful as this looking for a location.

Thanks for the help so far :)

Back