Locations through the changing seasons

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had an idea of something I want to do. Not sure if it's going to pan out. It's quite simple, I want to find a quite nice location with a good landscape and then take a picture.

So for example, if it snows (hopefully it will soon), then I'll pop along and take a picture, and that will be winter, then again in the spring etc etc....

Do you think it will work? What pitfalls do I need to think about? Obviously if it's a public place then the either closure of the public place or the tree or something being taken down etc.

Oh and what can I call it? Locations through the seasons is a bit of a mouthful...

I read in a book that having one location that you photo throughout the year is really good practice for landscape. And even though its the same place you get a lot of variety with colours and light. I haven't done it yet but its always been my intention to do it, its just finding the right bpkace close to home.

That would be good as I am terrible at landscapes haha. We have a great place near us called Coldrum Stones, which I've tried many times over the years to get a decent photo that doesn't just look like a snap. I had plans to do it here.

This is something ive often thought about doing, but have always struggled to find an appropriate/interesting enough location close enough.

Could you call it an Anthology? :thinking:

Have you looked at a site called www.megalithic.co.uk? It's quite useful for finding archaeological sites

I think Anthology might be making it sound too big?

Hadnt seen that before, but looks interesting, thanks.

I guess it may be a bit grand sounding if you stick to one specific location. It would need to be a pretty dramatic location :)

As ridiculous as it sounds, I took a photo through the same gateway (with a nice view beyond) every week for a year and I used it as a screensaver on my old computer. Just an idea to add to your thoughts. :)

Hadnt seen that before, but looks interesting, thanks.

I guess it may be a bit grand sounding if you stick to one specific location. It would need to be a pretty dramatic location :)

I hope it's useful. And I think it might be too grand for me :LOL:

I hope you're going to do a project thread Kelly so we can see how you get on, should you decide to do it.

Pahaha, you have far too much faith in me here! If I try it, I will definitely try and upload them

As ridiculous as it sounds, I took a photo through the same gateway (with a nice view beyond) every week for a year and I used it as a screensaver on my old computer. Just an idea to add to your thoughts. :)

Not ridiculous at all. It's the same sort of idea I had, except I am pretty useless at committing to any personal photo project. Being at football matches both Saturday and Sunday every weekend makes me pretty reluctant to pick my camera up outside of that! This is why I thought I would try once a quarter. I'm sure taking 4 pictures would not be too much effort for me :D

Hi ... just seen this thread, and found a set of three shots from different seasons of a boring park bench two mins from home, taken late 2013, early, mid 2014. Take with the same camera but not sure about settings and exact positionings.

iKehAf4nYodOU-MTDW-9UnPIg7dSUpFRBNOfu0asvfVzDSl29NYnQGWXCZ7uXvwPo1I6tFDxRSTJp7kVaxfUavRlN9vSaYCEnW4s_Vmg8egf7e9aBFX7fLhW8tq4Sl8VUE1AtobTNBM7onby12-yGemA6qw_PE2sPk7kNXp9gM32MId8kQLmL7XkC-yFjSdNiqaY_TlC1x5SWwalBV6bFDEbcSm7d5CMhXVcvwLF2BXrAAoen8ZMoRJPm5ixBnOH7NAncKam6GJ9u4v9KPOmoteDIJFzUcastDZnKv46XxGcWkn7JQd-6WLZAcUpcBH806gfsS6C_XWHA4-LGE-yKKwl-bqi1sAv17YJhrIBJtO-0Zs7u4rOPyS_qqOfywT3_kHRwBLi9VUhIOM8gLHnE2J8Q1drl7IZKoN97Gm8PZIImyithEI1WXm0aICgbDiCWBZdZecCoR2qW5z83BSdmjDKN0VGln3DQN_2lxfloFTn7Kjc6O011a_mtNLcPlYgsFWbf4uZ9s6Ti8073fyCJznLFsSRVKWKyBAC15P1V_Q=w1179-h884-no

BXzKIHvhRro_xSRStly9ibUpBNsZ280XlAuit_SitKPUwyW8N5PkObzlNIyZqPYAJldi2f0jzOzPzVYAAb7oWpas4ViKsdBZ4snqq9GW97Gl2-aQpa-G3MJnld0iEnfR_2VM0zLS1QfJuOa4Cgh3HD2tbz0uXl9iflmd-_ZK1TPPJ1YHZjqHYW8jDzWvDLIm42jJ2wEQy9_OdqWZ5njMWaWCfOQSwF_Ywfn3zlVBs-sXrHmcFasCa373BmOWXr5w4tLUIqbGoDtruslWtOkLdE6dj63hryIKlT78GyeVzESDs0_OTfgJrAT9DddrdqrT_xQe_niDyD7y6KBq_l3tREtHpgeXA_c-wWHVauq1vrxdmwLDSJn4XneiW52fkFOlkvfShNMK8DfG_HgmeVKR5B3V1D7n52KlhxzcmmatGyCLG77oashAS7Eqt5bq0ELpJyg9NIv598o9ZuG25UiM57f3Z0kPVorvqVuSQ5O4zFpT3qCxg4jqx9CuiQtKNeuICIRh7t7Yl4T_3lGq5VGh1EjAVeKd6PO3nbxJN_l-Szs=w1179-h884-no

cP-5us_-UL9bGqHOvvn5HHeVzHMngkZ5uCxr-mq7auOgI8iGyHxlcglt8X8DrABIqRkOZsjdE0UBFrsWG6FzIuUibGz4VdG0PpNaBPREiJPHxJB89fJVsYvOBuGm2TYARqIETT_JDEXRr2wkcwBZNK4BFHJqsuYqZ57oL5ve2WoQrDZB23W60Y9LlSpDNCTp7ZVT-MEBFHttGAwtUpgycow5_SeY1xHrGiGtg43OhIVMHDK3ZJwDAktOcdKHYLGtcGt0yY2OGxaSvtNSHsyFxLaRxSBD6uoHX7oHrvBQ02Ps7LM3REo9hmvvN3MIDVZ1Zq2_3DXnLk4uvvw8M3v3zrxi2680cVmCTLq0LEDw_8JHMWpKFQfQCoTEaKrTvpPER45NnAZMl0N5UbriNPFVg348QDw9NhEIhAuJJMQKWbhJMePZx_yuTQ7mqdlWKoBE_XqMhVR6A8FWT9ZnBif0mxwreg5EcDeWeyJOGOxYH-gASvIBgiujcUjoiYWAfUEXegVuPiEOsCThagZ5Vk8mxaN_EICWIFPtudvHZWhH4LE=w1179-h884-no

Back