Loch Arklet

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Another couple of pics from last weeks trip to the Trossachs. This is Loch Arklet. This place is a bit special to me. When I got my D50 a few years back, this was the first outing I made purely for picture taking. The fact that it was a lovely day then and I got some good shots started the photography bug for me all over again.

I have been waiting to revisit it in the right conditions for a while and last week I managed it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

You certainly got the right conditons, Robert, both great images but first one steals the show, lovely reflection.

Don't think I've visited this Loch before but certainly high on my list now, thanks for sharing:)

Great location - well captured.

Reflection looks almost too good to be true.

You certainly got the right conditons, Robert, both great images but first one steals the show, lovely reflection.

Don't think I've visited this Loch before but certainly high on my list now, thanks for sharing:)

Thanks Grant. The road from Aberfoyle to here has loads of great picture opportunities and is well worth a visit if you get the conditions right.

Great location - well captured.

Reflection looks almost too good to be true.

It's true all right, you just have to be there at the right time:)

Lovely photos, did you use a filter for the reflections?

I used a 3 stop soft nd grad for the sky and a 3 stop nd filter to slow things down a bit.

As above, number 1 steals the show for me. They have a lovely light and airy feeling to them (y)

Both are lovely shots.

Very nice. I think a dusting of snow always helps.

I must pop back there soon in fact I could double up with a trip to the waterfall at Inversnaid.

Last edited:
Very nice. I think a dusting of snow always helps.

I must pop back there soon in fact I could double up with a trip to the waterfall at Inversnaid.

you are right, the snow is an added bonus. I never usually go all the way to the waterfall at Inversnaid. I should really as it can be quite good too. As I have already said, this road has loads of picture opportunities (including the waterfall;))

stunning photos, I can see why so many people love it up there (y)

Back