Loch - Isle of Skye

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken last year and my first 'play' with the 12-24mm.
The loch itself is just up from Sligachan for those familiar with the island.
19Mar2008-80pb.jpg

C&C always welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Very nice indeed(y)(y) but the horizon is just a tad too central for me:shrug: and needs an ever so slight straighten.

Lovely shot - really nice tones in the frame. I like the composition - for me you have good fg interest and nice drama in the sky and so the central horizon is no problem to me.

For some reason what distracts me is that small poking up just right of centre on the bottom of the frame.

Very nice and dramatic but the sky is just a tad too dark for me, though it has great texture

Superb image, Trevor. (y)

Great tonal range, wonderful sky and lovely FG light on the reeds.
Horizon looks fine to me.
In fact there is no true horizon, only the loch and the loch side.

I tend to agree with erding on the small, bright reed popping up from the bottom of the frame.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Much appreciated. :)
You're right about the fg reed, I should have cloned it out. Either that, or got my wife to wade out and prune it at the time. :D
The light was amazing and the sky was actually darker than the fg.
Thanks Brash, I did try cropping, but ended up deciding that I thought the fairly central composition worked for me, but I do appreciate that it was a judgement call.
Well spotted chewyuk. It was 2 shots merged together in Photomatix. I originally planned to just merge them in PS, but thought the result with Photomatix worked quite well. I hoped that I didn't over process it.

Back