Loch More tree...

tjc

Edit My Images
No
Ok...

I `ve been here for a while now and this is my first pic post.

Been playing with the camera getting to know it a bit and trying to understand PP etc...

All comments and advice most welcome.

lochmoretreenr1.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Wow. More please. You can tell I am liking that. There is nothing I would change about that. Frame it & hang it on the wall.

Nice subject. The colours and motion blur on the water I really like.
The composition I'm not too sure on though. I would like it better I think if the roots (branches?) weren't sticking off the edges.

Really like that. Would I change anything? Dunno - but might be interesting to lose maybe 50% of the water above the wave line and have the lowest branch grow right to the bottom right corner. But a lovely simple shot.

Good capture - the 3 textures of the bg work well.

Wow. More please. You can tell I am liking that. There is nothing I would change about that. Frame it & hang it on the wall.

Many thanks for the compliment sawman... I`m glad you like it. Proves I must be learning something...

Maybe, lol.

Cheers. (y) (y)

Nice subject. The colours and motion blur on the water I really like.
The composition I'm not too sure on though. I would like it better I think if the roots (branches?) weren't sticking off the edges.

Thanks The Matt for the kind words. :) I`ll keep your thought on composition in mind for again.

Really like that. Would I change anything? Dunno - but might be interesting to lose maybe 50% of the water above the wave line and have the lowest branch grow right to the bottom right corner. But a lovely simple shot.

Cheers aberal... I`ll maybe have a wee play with it the morrow and see... I`m kinda liking it the way it is though too. :)

Good capture - the 3 textures of the bg work well.

Cheers erding. Chuffed you like it... :)

Last edited:
Excellent, tjc. What a wonderful contrast of colors and textures, sharp images and blurred. I sure wish MY first shot posted on this board was even half as good! Congratulations. :eek:)

Excellent, tjc. What a wonderful contrast of colors and textures, sharp images and blurred. I sure wish MY first shot posted on this board was even half as good! Congratulations. :eek:)

Many thanks hunter20ga.

Very much appreciate your kind comments.

(y)

Ok...

I tried a crop as suggested. I have to say I think it looks ok cropped too.

Please let me know what you all think. :)

lochmoretreecropky6.jpg

Ok...

I tried a crop as suggested. I have to say I think it looks ok cropped too.

Please let me know what you all think. :)

lochmoretreecropky6.jpg

Well, as the guy who suggested it, now that I see it, I reckon that the root in the bottom right was probably fine as it was, but losing the sea at the top is the right thing to do. Reason being that the tighter crop at the top focuses more attention on the tree, whilst the tighter crop at the side doesn't really achieve the same effect. :)

Thanks aberal...

After looking at the crop version a few more times I agree...

I think the crop at the top is better but the side makes little difference.

Cheers. :)

Hmmm I am still unsure about this shot. To me it is like cutting off people's feet in a full person shot by not having the whole roots

I still prefer your original shot.

Yeh, tbh I think I still prefer the original... that`s how I took it, it wasn`t cropped atall.

The crop has something too though... a quality of it`s own somehow.

Cheers for the input. :)

Hmmm I am still unsure about this shot. To me it is like cutting off people's feet in a full person shot by not having the whole roots

The tree roots are actually pretty long and gangly making it difficult to get all of them in-shot and try and keep some detail on the roots and centre stump.

I thought this was the best of the ones I took. Thanks for your comment. :)

Back