Logo comments please

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I've had a domain name for a long time - shadowsandreflections dot com & dot co dot uk etc but have yet to build the site.

I'm at home with a broken ankle, have much time on my hands and so started the process by creating a logo and/or LR identity plate.

All comments welcome...

Version 1

Version 2

Version 3

I think version 1 is the best as the other 2 have a reflection in both the shadow and reflections bit but in the first there is only a shadow in the shadow bit and a reflection bit. So to some up it "reflects" what your website is actually called.

Did you see what I did there......

Does this make sense to anyone at all because i`m already confused. :)

Personally, 'Et' is very 90's club flyer and I'd actualy write 'and' as that's what your domain is.

A few points I always kept in mind when I used to either design or commission logos...

o where is going to be used/where might it be used in the future?
o simpler the better ( all the big name companies have simple logos - helps with recognition)
o avoid half-tones and gradients - they are just too easy to reproduce badly.
o does it look good in monotone - you may want to use it in black and white some day.

This link is worth a look as it differentiates between a logo and a logotype as well as discussing logos in general...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo

Anthony.

Is this any better?

I've taken on board all comments, i'll have another version without the effects where reproduction may be compromised and for a watermark, which is just text and so wrks mono etc.

Its too obvious. The word shadows has a shadow and reflections has a reflection. The use of colour isn't really working nor is the typography as a whole. Do you really need a cliched logo or wouldn't a nice typeface simply work?

Being a Graphic Designer...I can't say i'm a fan of any of the logotypes' you've posted up, they just don't work.

For me, simplicity works well, that and a nice typeface.

I'd consider what type of photography you're into, possibly reflect that through the shape and form of a type face.

Start off doing a few designs on paper, it's much better to sketch down 10 ideas as you'll do this quicker then working in Illustrator (eg). You will realise which idea IS a bad idea without having wasted an hour or so designing it online. Once you're happy with let's say, 2-4 designs, then render them on the PC and see how they look - if they aren't good then it's back to the drawing board.

Anthony.Ralph makes some good points.

I could be interested in designing a logo for you as well.

Back