Non UK Loire Valley photo opportunities

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
Planning on a trip to the Loire later in the Summer. It's not an area I've visited before. I've had a look and photo guides for France seem to be pretty thin on the ground to say the least!

Anyone on here visited that area? I'm interested in landscape and wildlife photo opportunities - any tips most welcome! :)

It's a wonderful area and there are certainly plenty of things to photograph from what I've seen. Lots of castles, châteaux, gardens etc. mostly, but it's also surrounded by lovely countryside.

I saw fields of sunflowers and lavender not too far away that I wish I'd stopped and photographed. The best way to find wildlife is to wander slowly and quietly along the many chemins.

Take a look here, you may find something you fancy: https://www.komoot.com/guide/40823/hiking-in-loire

What are you planning for accommodation?

We've camped and caravanned in several places. It would be difficult to go far wrong, but Montreuil-Bellay was a favourite, we've been twice. . There's a decent restaurant at the campsite, providing regional fayre. We stumbled on it by accident, intending to go Saumur, but the campsite was full.

It's a wonderful area and there are certainly plenty of things to photograph from what I've seen. Lots of castles, châteaux, gardens etc. mostly, but it's also surrounded by lovely countryside.

I saw fields of sunflowers and lavender not too far away that I wish I'd stopped and photographed. The best way to find wildlife is to wander slowly and quietly along the many chemins.

Take a look here, you may find something you fancy: https://www.komoot.com/guide/40823/hiking-in-loire
Thanks Trevor, that all sounds promising and right up my street (or chemins perhaps :))

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
What are you planning for accommodation?

We've camped and caravanned in several places. It would be difficult to go far wrong, but Montreuil-Bellay was a favourite, we've been twice. . There's a decent restaurant at the campsite, providing regional fayre. We stumbled on it by accident, intending to go Saumur, but the campsite was full.
Looks nice James - think we're planning on staying a bit further east but I'll bear that it in mind should we head back to the area again :)

Well, I didn't get a massive amount of camera time but we enjoyed a lovely (if tiring) family holiday. Thanks again for the input on photo opportunity ideas :)

Managed a couple of Chateau visits and found a nice meadow/river walk close to the campsite we stayed at so mostly wildlife stuff:

Back