Lomo Fisheye 2 seeks companionship and maybe more!

Has Pete still got it? If so, I'll pick it up next time we're down that way and get it posted up to you Adrian. Might be a little while - 'orrible set of roadworks about 1/2 way there and a significant detour to avoid them! Do like his part of East Devon though - almost worth the 20 minute queue...

Has Pete still got it? If so, I'll pick it up next time we're down that way and get it posted up to you Adrian. Might be a little while - 'orrible set of roadworks about 1/2 way there and a significant detour to avoid them! Do like his part of East Devon though - almost worth the 20 minute queue...

Hi Nod, nothing at this end so I am assuming Pete still has it. I am still by keen to give the Lomo a go!

Not another long lost camera thread :shrug: Has anybody PM'd Pete?

A couple of times

It's apparently on its way but the RM may not be expediting it!

At least the delay has brought better weather/light!

Excellent, really looking forward to giving it a go

A fortnight on so the mail should have got it to you by now - any sign?

It's apparently on its way but the RM may not be expediting it!

At least the delay has brought better weather/light!

after a couple of months, no doubt many miles travelled, and by the look of the packaging at least one game of sorting office football , the lomo yesterday returned to me with a scrawlled note on the packaging which I think says " cunna delvr " probably translating from ****nugget speak as "could not deliver" - or more acurately "could not be arsed to deliver due to general laziness and lack of compentence"

After the whole helga ferrago i'm not entirely supprised - but it does **** me right off.

I'm in buckinghamshire next weekend so i'll post it again from there RMSD - hopefully avoiding the blackhole of despair that seems to surround the east devon postal district - who knows in the meantime I might even find the time to shoot some film

Sounds like the Peli was a good investment!

Sounds good, looking forward to trying out, also sorry for not dipping into the thread for some time, I have a had a challenging 4 weeks at work and haven't managed to venture into TP for for sometime or anywhere else for that matter!

Anybody know where the thing is these days? Wouldn't mind it back at some point in the not too distant future - my address is in assorted places in the case and (IIRC) on the camera.

Nod, I think I was next in the queue but it never arrived with me

Last edited:
It's an all too familiar story unfortunately.

I have pm'd Pete to see when he posted and if it's gone astray in transit?

Last edited:
Pete has contacted me to say that he posted the camera, it went normal post so no way track unfortunatly.

Pete has contacted me to say that he posted the camera, it went normal post so no way track unfortunatly.

So for the sake of an extra 90p to send it recorded delivery a camera has disappeared off the face of the earth from the Devon triangle again, that's pretty shoddy.

Been a while... Anybody seen hide or hair of the thing in recent times? If not, maybe Pete could start trying to hassle up the RM?

Hi Nod, I was the next in line but nothing ever arrived with me.

Please put me down for a few frames of fisheses!

I have owned a Sigma 8mm fish and really enjoyed it for about 9 months by which time I think I'd dragged it round my usual haunts. I think my problem is that I tend to do most of my photography whilst out doing other things (my wife might not agree) so prefer to go one camera, one lens and whether its urban or rural I always wanted a "straight" lens in my pocket for "straight" photos.

Anyway, I'll be pleased to have a go,

Sadly, T3B, the whole enterprise is on hold as the camera seem to have got lost in the post on its way from Devon. I think this is the second time such a thing has happened from Devon, and I think the previous one did turn up a few months later (hence the reference to the Devon Triangle).

This doesn't always happen; some travelling cameras have actually returned I think.

Pete was
after a couple of months, no doubt many miles travelled, and by the look of the packaging at least one game of sorting office football , the lomo yesterday returned to me with a scrawlled note on the packaging which I think says " cunna delvr " probably translating from ****nugget speak as "could not deliver" - or more acurately "could not be arsed to deliver due to general laziness and lack of compentence"

After the whole helga ferrago i'm not entirely supprised - but it does **** me right off.

I'm in buckinghamshire next weekend so i'll post it again from there RMSD - hopefully avoiding the blackhole of despair that seems to surround the east devon postal district - who knows in the meantime I might even find the time to shoot some film

Nigh on 12 months since this post - did it ever get posted on?

posted it ages ago mate - I guess RM have lost it for good this time ( It got sent RM standard due to a cock up in communication between me and the family member who actually posted it)

If you drop in when you are next in the branscombe area i'll give you the cash for a replacement (these are about 40 notes on ebay arent they ? ) as it went walkies in my care.

Due to the branscombe triangle effect i won't be taking part in any more of these travelling camera challenges - should have learnt my lesson after the epic journies of Helga ferrago.

Last edited:
TBH, the Peli's worth more than the camera! I've got a real fisheye to use anyway so not worried about the camera but could have put the case to good use.

Hi Nod, just to confirm nothing ever ended up here in Norfolk. We have a good relationship with the 'postie' and they checked three separate times at the sorting office.

So Pete needs to chase at his end. No worries, Adrian, just a shame you didn't get to have a play!

Nod, it would have been great to have given it a try, the travelling camera projects I have been involved in before have been fun. Pete might get something out of the post office may be??

Last edited:
So Pete needs to chase at his end. No worries, Adrian, just a shame you didn't get to have a play!

you can't chase something that's not sent recorded - post office have no way of pinning down which dishonest employee stole it

Back