London after work

Edit My Images
No
Did a late one in the office tonight, and I had my camera on me so I decided to capture some of grittiness in the streets of london at night. it gets really quiet in some of the side alleys that are usually bustling with city workers.

1) This is Birchin lane, where the poor man died during the G20 protests. Thats my office building in the distance.

resized_IMG_5478.jpg

2) Looking the other way, thats the corner of the famous royal exchange.

resized_IMG_5485.jpg

3) Theres usually loads of smokers down this alley during the day, but at night its a different story

resized_IMG_5488bw.jpg

4) Tower 42 (previously known as the Natwest Tower)

resized_IMG_5534.jpg

5) Normally theres a queue of people here...

resized_IMG_5568.jpg

6) Everyone's in a rush to get home...

resized_IMG_5576.jpg

7) I guess I wasn't the only one working late and alone...

resized_IMG_5529.jpg

All shots were taken handheld @ F2.8, 1600 ISO and various shutter speeds.

C&C most welcome :)

i'm starting to wonder why I never get any comments, is my work that bad? :sulk:

I think these are very good. The B&W conversions are excellent, fine crispness with excellent deep blacks - it looks like low ISO film. I love the alleyway - it is timeless. Is it one off of Cornhill leading to The Jamaica, or Simpsons?

One gripe. The last B&W has run into serious trouble with verticals.

I like the B&W ones.

I've had that view of the Wagamamas a few times when waiting for my mate to come out of work in Tower 42.;)

I think these are very good. The B&W conversions are excellent, fine crispness with excellent deep blacks - it looks like low ISO film. I love the alleyway - it is timeless. Is it one off of Cornhill leading to The Jamaica, or Simpsons?

One gripe. The last B&W has run into serious trouble with verticals.

lol, agreed. the last b&w with the light trails was actually taken with a 2" shutter resting on the box on the traffic light that has button you push, which always says wait. The alley is off birchin lane, i think it leads out to the jamaica inn and George & Vultrue pub me thinks.

I like them, good choice to go black and white.

You probably had no comments because you posted them late on a Monday night, everyone is falling asleep by 5pm on a Monday after trying to get every last minute out of the weekend ;)

Fine photos.

Totally agree with all comments. I like the b & w images they work well, my favourite is the alleyway. They also reminds me of my walk to and from work!!

I like them they work well in b&w, what time of night was it.

it was about 9:30pm, my hands were quite full with packages (new toy helicopter, blank dvds, etc..) so i looked quite funny trying to take these shots.

Thanks for your comment :)

I like them, good choice to go black and white.

You probably had no comments because you posted them late on a Monday night, everyone is falling asleep by 5pm on a Monday after trying to get every last minute out of the weekend ;)

Fine photos.

I was wondering that. After having my dinner and setting up the helicopter for the mrs to crash into the TV, i found 10-15mins before getting to bed to post them.

Thats the one. I have spent many a liquid hour in both!

let me know if your in these nick of the woods, ill happily take a drunken candid of you, or better yet join you for a drink!

Back