London Buildings

I like the buildings in these but the clouds, especially in #1, detract from the images IMO

Too much halo'ing going on for my liking, and as gramps says, the clouds aren't helping the images.....the HDR treatment is making a poor job of darkening the white clouds, which let's be honest, should be left white!! :p

Thanks for the comments, and I completely agree the clouds/clouds reflection are letting me down on both, have to learn how to properly process them, but yeah long way to go before I learn how to use photoshop :)

Firstly it aint an HDR from a single file it's a tone-map and secondly, as has been noted, you have halos and very odd clouds. I suggest going back with a tripod and having a proper go bracketing. :)

Btw as I'm rather unaware of HDR at all as it seems :) Can I make HDR out of RAW instead of bracketing as I never travel with a tripod :)

A true HDR shot is merged from several exposures to capture as much detail from shadows and highlights. Taking a single exposure just adds noise and does nowt for dynamic range. It's a tone map as I said.

Back