London cityscapes.

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Can anybody point me in the direction of the following as they are ideas I have had for a little while now...

1) A high view of the city, preferably where I can get some skyscrapers from a very high spot. This kind of perspective would be great!

2) A derelict building where I can go inside. Shooting a building outside doesn't interest me. Links of examples below...

Example 1
Example 2

3) A building that may be particularly nice when featured as part of a long exposure on a cloudy day...ideas welcome :)

Thanks!!!

For a high viewpoint, you could try the monument (A lot of steps 300+) but not too dear to get in. There is the bar in the OXO tower on the southbank, giving some nice views across the Thames and great for Twilight sessions (There is an outside balcony to set up a tripod) or there's the top of St Pauls which I haven't been up. so don't know what restrictions there are, but I do know it's fairly expensive to get in. I 'm sure others will be along with some more suggestions.(y)

The OXO cocktail bar looks like the sort of place that might frown at you going up there simply to photography the views. Anyone shot from that location and had any problems with only buying the one drink to take advantage of their location?

A group of us went a few years ago, bought a couple of beers and had no trouble with cameras, however we didn't use tripods?

The view seems nice from the OXO but when I go out for night shoots, I like the idea of being in a tranquil location such as the top of alaxandra park / palace etc.

A busy bar by myself and a camera with me doesn't do my "hip reputation" any good HAHA!

What about one of the following;

Highgate / muswell hill / primrose hill, anyone have any experience of them??? They are just high locations of London that comes to the top of my head...

from a great height (but also distance) theres a view point in the woods of addington hills, just off shirley hills road, addington (gravel hill end)

this is a fab place for london photos- i went there a couple of years back and am keen to return soon

I have taken some shots from Primrose hill in daylight and you will not get shots like your example No1. From there you can get images of the skyscrapes on the horizion but you will be on the same sort of level.

tezmed said:
from a great height (but also distance) theres a view point in the woods of addington hills, just off shirley hills road, addington (gravel hill end)

this is a fab place for london photos- i went there a couple of years back and am keen to return soon

You can see docklands from here, but it isn't a clear view as you have the crystal palace hill to the north

Back