London day shots

Edit My Images
No
Hello all,

These are some day shots I took walking around in the City. None of them were modified in post-prod except the Gherkin one, and that too to only make it black and white.

I realise that some of these subjects have been photographed to death - the Gherkin, etc - but I'm relatively new to photography and was keen to try the obvious. ;) (Not yet at the William Eggleston stage yet!)

All these were taken with a D90 and a 10-24mm lens, and some of them are handheld.

Would appreciate any feedback or criticisms, especially any comments regarding composition, subject, exposure, lens choice, etc.

Thank you in advance.

I thought the reflection of the tree against the building interiors would make an interesting composition:

Reflection by EggmanOrWalrus, on Flickr

A couple of red phone boxes close to Bank:

1 by EggmanOrWalrus, on Flickr

A building on Bishopsgate. The sun was bouncing off at an angle and I just played around with a polariser to get the blue tint in the windows:

2 by EggmanOrWalrus, on Flickr

A stock shot of the Gherkin. This is the only one that had some minor post-prod work done - it was made B&W:

5 by EggmanOrWalrus, on Flickr

Moggie. Sorry couldn't resist one of the little one:

DSC_0061 by EggmanOrWalrus, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thank you. Is there anything that anyone particularly dislikes (or perhaps doesn't like) in these images?

The blue and mono tones in the Bishopsgate building work well for me. My fav of the London shots.

The first 2 do nothing to capture my eye. Number 1 has too much going on. Number 2 lacks something.

The Gherkin is ok but too much angle for me. I would have taken with a portrait orientation as it would require less angle to fit the building in.

....love the cat shot :)

Back