London Irish v Bristol - 30 Mar

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Some that I got from yesterday. I'm pleased with them although don't think they're quite up to Diego's standard yet.......

Need to read my Understanding Exposure book really as I got a few (well, loads) that were over exposed, a couple are included below and most seem a tad un-sharpish.

Ah well, it was a fun day out and I'm glad I had the priviledge of going on the pitch with the Vigo kids to be guard of honour for the players as they came out. Although again, I was a pants photographer as when I got out there, realised I had the wrong lens :(

2008_03_30_0478-11.JPG

2008_03_30_0515-1.JPG

2008_03_30_0516-1.JPG

2008_03_30_0528-1.JPG

2008_03_30_0534-1.JPG

2008_03_30_0577-1.JPG

2008_03_30_0581-1.JPG

2008_03_30_0620-1.JPG

2008_03_30_0649-11.JPG

Hi Kelack,

I enjoy looking at your shots but you are right - these aren't your best set. They seem a little blurred / soft in places. Can't get the EXIF so not sure why? Is it possible you had the focus point AF mode set wrong?

Exposure wise the conditions look challenging with a sharp contrast from bright afternoon spring sun to shade from the stands. Just a tip - do you check your histogram while you are shooting? This would have given warning that you were over / underexposing shots.

Nice to see Dan Ward Smith back in action after that horrendous knee injury. Not sure how easy it will be for him to get back in the England squad now though.

Thanks for your comments mate, You're right about the challenging conditions, we were in nice shady stands looking out onto nice sunny pitch. Normally when I'm at Vigo, I just move, couldn't do that Sunday. As for my exif data, why does picasa lose it?

Hope you don't mind but I had a very little play with this image.

Boost contrast, a little saturation, reduce noise and a high pass filter with 2.0 radius and mode set to overlay.

EDIT
rugby.jpg

ORIGINAL
2008_03_30_0649_JPG.jpg

It looks like some of your in camera settings are not correct, try changing the pre set parameters for the colour and contrast etc.

Hi,

Not sure what happened here. I think you may have used one shot, not AI servo as the light available will only hinder exposure. Keep going :)

Right, I've worked out how to get them in my gallery now so that the exif is intact, just got to replace the above ones so that you don't have to go to my gallery.......

back in a mo

Thanks for all your comments and edits so far. Just when I was doing so well with amateur rugby, I went and tried professional rugby :LOL:

Exif data now there :)

Back